5 - Carles Puyol

Stric

Couldn't watch the second half, but what I saw in the first was really reassuring. He's by far our best and most reliable defender.

Why did he play 90 minutes, though?

Richard.H

Excellent game, MOTM for me as well. Gave a lot of flashes today of the Puyol of 5-7 years ago.

Very strange that he played the full 90 though. I want to see him start against Milan...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sport runs the story that Puyol was surprised and disappointed at not starting against Milan. Strange to see Catalan papers publish something like that.

barcanuck

Thought he was having knee discomfort anyway. El Capitan always wants to play the big game no doubt. We tried something different and it worked. Masche's passes to the wing are the key why he was starting.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Sport runs the story that Puyol was surprised and disappointed at not starting against Milan. Strange to see Catalan papers publish something like that.

It surprised me too and especially involving Puyol, if someone told me that Messi was pissed for sitting on the bench I could think about it, but Puyol? Seems something Marca would say...

Irish_Cules

Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham
Looking like arthroscopic knee surgery for Puyol. Likely to miss UCL QFs

:( Puyol's body really is broken

Y

Youngie

Carles Puyol, who has knee dicomfort, is undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery at this moment. He will be out for at least 3 weeks. [tv3]

So that's both Barça leaders Xavi & Puyol on the injured list :facepalm:

Y

Youngie

No worries with our great depth in that position. Time for :song: to shine.

:giggle:

I hope so

In the space of 1 day: Xavi can only play the really important games in the future and Puyol legs are gone & he's finished :facepalm:

Antimadridista1

Shit... Our opponents are going to score more goals than ever with Puyol's missing... The fact that he'll not be on the pitch against PSG will be very bad for the team... This is the moment where we need a player like Hummels to take the lead cause Pique & Mascherano are not good enough IMO.

@Don Andres : Our staff will not reflect in that way ; they will make Song playing as a CB :( Shame when you have a former CB who was declared as the best defender of Adelante last year.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

No worries with our great depth in that position. Time for :song: to shine.
It could be a good time for Bartra, but Song will surely be picked before him. Well, at least now I hope Tito demans a CB next season.

Home of Barca Fans