5 - Carles Puyol

spark

It happened against Chelsea when Valdes knocked out Pique. Only this time instead Puyol and Macherano playing which was bad because they are too similar, this would even worse because we would be calling on Song.

Garrus

If the month and a half news is true, Then he'll also miss the semi finals, Which i guess is where we say good bye.

E

El Messiah 10

If the month and a half news is true, Then he'll also miss the semi finals, Which i guess is where we say good bye.

Puyol this year is not the "best Puyol".....I don't think that the "defence performace" it's much different with o without him.....
Mascherano, excluding 1 big error, played very well against Milan.

dostoevskij

Jesus!!!

dont over-panic guys, we have Pique and Mascherano, they are not perfect, but on form and with the help of the other players we can make it to the final. ( and then Puyol comes back:puyol:) In La Liga i would play with Bartra - Mascherano or Bartra - Song for some games. If anything happens to Pique we are in real real trouble...

Stric

Shhhhh...t! I go offline for a few hours and find this when I come back?! :( Terrible news. And it seems completely out of the blue? Puyol wasn't injured before or during the Milan game, right? Just when we finally caught a break, this happens...

Meitux

Damn...Its really unfortunate and sad to say but his time is coming, with so many injuries i dont think he will reach Maldini's age at playing

abual3bed1

Maldini himself had his share of consecutive injuries at the same point of his career. But Milan had many decent defenders to cover up for him to be used in major games only.

Stric

Luckily it's just an arthroscopy and not a major surgery. And knowing what a fighter Puyi is, I believe he'll be back before the end of the season. Good luck Carles! :wub:

desoe

Shhhhh...t! I go offline for a few hours and find this when I come back?! :( Terrible news. And it seems completely out of the blue? Puyol wasn't injured before or during the Milan game, right? Just when we finally caught a break, this happens...

Not really, he was benched against Milan because of a knee discomfort.

Home of Barca Fans