5 - Carles Puyol

lovebarca

happy birthday our warrior.....
If anybody knew can tell us what is his recovery time?I mean I know doctor at the time of operation suggested they dont know about recovery time it could be 1 to 3 month.But 1 month already over so.......?
if he can come back and abidal can make it then our defence back to unbreachable.,,,,

Irish_Cules

Roura said he definitely wont be available for the first leg. He didn't say anything about the 2nd leg though. :D

I still think it will be unlikely that he makes the 2nd leg and even if he does he will be seriously short of match fitness.

E

El Messiah 10

I think/hope Mascherano will be available for the 2nd leg, and Puyol in the bench.
If we reach the Final we'll have both Masche and Puyi.

Y

Youngie

Puyol is apparently out for 1 month and a half so he misses both legs of the Semi Final.

Stric

If he's out for a month and a half, that would mean he'd be back in the last week of April / first week of May. His surgery was on March 15th or 16th.

Stric

Problem is, they said it might as well be 3 months.

True, although I'm inclined to believe that was more of a figure of speech. As in "it could be a month, or two, or three, or a hundred..." (...depending on Puyol.) They did say it depends only on Puyol. And knowing Puyi, I believe he'll be back as quick as possible.

If there's a chance of him being back for the 2nd leg against Bayern, it seems like his recovery is going well.
I'm guessing he'll at least be back for the final (assuming we make it, of course).

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath for the return of Puyol this season. By the time he is back we'll have mathematically won la liga and the CL will be over, victory or not. We'll be playing all the youth players then along with Abidal

It's important to remember that at 35, Puyol can't heal as quickly as before. No point in rushing him if he won't even be good and ready when he does play.

Home of Barca Fans