5 - Carles Puyol

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
At this moment in time i would pick Puyol as Nesta is a bit injury prone.

Nesta is quality but still needs to prove that his latest injury hasn't taken it's toll.
You kidding? Nesta has been pretty much the best defender is Serie A this season, just back from a huge injury and 33 years old. He is still the man, he is RIDICULOUS. Baresi-Maldini-Nesta, 3 ridiculous defenders in 3 generations, damn Italy are awesome at developing them.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
You kidding? Nesta has been pretty much the best defender is Serie A this season, just back from a huge injury and 33 years old. He is still the man, he is RIDICULOUS. Baresi-Maldini-Nesta, 3 ridiculous defenders in 3 generations, damn Italy were awesome at developing them.

fixed that for ya.

but yes, it does indeed look like nesta has reclaimed top spot from rio.

what a player he is.

but it does emphasise how good the two of them are that god started to randomly break them down with injuries out of nowhere when they got too awesome for attacks to handle.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
No doubt: Puyol, the captain of the best team in the world! Excelent performance, consistent and safe all the match. What a game! :worthy:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah I guess you're right Meta, Chiellini is the best next generation(after Nesta's of course) defender for Italy(as far as I know) and he doesn't look like getting anywhere near to being worthy of shining Nesta's boots.

IMO Rio was overrated for a while, but those 2-3 seasons when Man Utd were winning titles he was immense, he stepped up and fulfilled his potential, before that I don't think he was as good as a lot of people thought he was. He's having a shitful time with injuries lately though.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
chabal-sebastien.jpg+%28Image+JPEG,+298x430+pixels%29_1256850279485.png

hardest looking sportsman in my opinion.

puyol has competition.

SoMa

Latest news:

Puyol is out for 3 months.... poor guy, hes been lifting too many cups lately and injured his biceps

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
Latest news:

Puyol is out for 3 months.... poor guy, hes been lifting too many cups lately and injured his biceps

hahahahaha nice one man!

I love Puyol!!! I love Barca!!!!!
Im a proud Cule!!

Vamos Messi Best player in the UNIVERSE!!!

Home of Barca Fans