Long haul flight, FUCK YEAH!
abudhabi.jpg

HAHA.
:D
love this.

MinaFCB

Interview with Carles,
Have you realized what you have done?
Yes,I know what we have done,something almost impossible,very onerous.But it finished now we have to lok and go forward ,try to go the same way,while being conscious that it’s complicated to maintain the same level,but we have to try, .
Yes,but what now?
We have to go on.Many persons told me:’You have won all,it’s enough’’,but it’s not enough for me ,nor for the team.We enjoyed a lot ,we made our fans enjoy that’s why I think we have to try to repeat it although it’s so demanding.If this season we win only one trophy it has to be appreciated And when we lose games ,that’s rule in this life,we musn’t let everything go.
So,this isn’t finished yet…
This is not even close to its end.We are winning team,that knows what has done but wants to continue making history and winning trophies..
It can’t be easy to set out a new aim,to be motivated in new matches…
For us,no.The fact that we won titles and matches in 2009,playing well,can make you think so.But this isn’t an end and cycle has to progress.When season 2008/2009 began our aim wasn’t winning 6 trophies but going from match to the match.That’s the way the 2010 will begin.Match against Villareal will be like a final for us.That’s our plan for every following match.
One motivating fact is that CL will be played on Santiago Bernabeu,right?
It’s always hard and important to win CL.We really hope that we’ll do it.Maybe there is an incentive to win it there,but in 2011 it won’t be played there but it will remain an important aim for us.So,we don’t want to win it only because it’s played on Bernabeu,although it’s a very nice stadium and because of everything it represents for us it would be nice to win CL there.
And do you ,personally,think about WC2010?
I really cannot think about it right now.Now there’s Barca and I’d like to win the biggest number of matches possible after that,in summer ,winning WC will be my new desire..
What do you think when you see all you have won?
I don’t think about things I’ve done but about things I can do.I think there are still a lot of games that I’ll play ,a lot of trophies and there’ll be time to think about the past.
What’s the best memory from 2009?
You always have memories,and it’s difficult to choose one.I prefer saying whole season.It was ideal because of everything,atmosphere in the team,with coach,other people who helped us.There are at least 50 people and I think this is an incredible group and that thanks to all those people we won all this.
What do you think when you travel around the world and see so many Barca’s supporters?
I see how bigger the club is now and that’s great.We have to try to make all fans enjoy.not only those from Catalunya.
And when you see a kid wearing a t-shirt with your name?
That he is wrong.I would wear Messi’s,Iniesta’s ,Xavi’s …But I do feel proud and satisfied.
What a generation!With some of them you won EC and now you are going for WC…
With them and other guys who are also good and who are also important part of national team.The style can be similar but national team is national team and Barca is Barca.We can’t say that Spain win because of Barca’s players or style.Seleccion is like a team,with a good atmosphere although every time we win it’s even better.This group passed through very tough moments,specially before the EC.We united and that made atmosphere in group,after winning EC,as in a team.Despite being together for 9 or 10 days,there’s a very good atmosphere in the team,and it isn’t easy because everyone comes from a different place.
Good atmosphere like the one with Pep,in Barca.Even better if he stays?
I can’t imagine Barca without Pep now,the thing is that we have to respect his decision.I know the way he works and I’d understand anything that he decides,but if I have to say anything that is that I hope he will stay,because we won 6 trophies mainly because of him.
People said that you didn’t get on so well….
My relationship with Pep is very good.I don’t know why people said such things.I talked to him 2 weeks after the seasons started .I explained him what I felt,he told me that he thought and that’s all.He is very good coach and you learn from him every day.
Chygrynskiy ‘s arrival,made you feel upset?
No.I think that competition is good.We always need new players,so no one’s arrival bothers me.
You and Pique seem to be impassable..
You can’t talk about only players.Whole team has to work together,if all 11 players don’t work in the same way,it’s very hard and specially if you play like we do.
For the end,how will elections affect you?
We’ll only try to thing about playing.We know people will talk about it a lot,but we’ll have to stay out of it.That’s what we always did,devoted ourselves to football and try not to let other stuff affect us..
e__archivo_photo_10_1_1_20091229_yba03f1.tif6.jpg

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Have you guys heard about the 110 towns-visit of those 6 trophies to mark the 110 year history of FC Barcelona!? So sweet... Bring them to India as well guys

X

Xavi_Puyol_lover

And when you see a kid wearing a t-shirt with your name?
That he is wrong.I would wear Messi’s,Iniesta’s ,Xavi’s …But I do feel proud and satisfied.

i SERIOUSLY love this man... seriously.
:') he's just so modest.

Home of Barca Fans