5 - Carles Puyol

Xavi_78

Maxwell is far from slow so I don't know what you mean about lack of pace. He can keep up with pacy wingers for sure. He isn't brilliant at defense but he is competent at the least and pretty darn good at best. I'm confident with Maxi up there to cover for us on back.

Sorry, but have you forgotten the first leg against Arsenal when Maxwell was left for dead by Walcott on more than one occassion?

Pepe Silvia

If Milito is not injured I'd expect him to be at CB and Abi to be at LB. Pique is capable of providing cover for Milito if he isn't at 100%. I think we're ready.

Ocurrente

Bad situation. I mean Abi is phantastic as a CB lately, but we need him as a LB. I do not trust Maxwell in the important games. His lack of pace and sometimes erratic positional sense/ decision making did us cost dearly against Arsenal last year and even more against Inter in the first leg.

Maxwell is not that bad

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
well Gabi, you wanted your chance, here it is.

tendonitis probably means Puyol will need his minutes managed like Xavi earlier this season. hopefully it's not too serious and can be recovered from, like Xavi managed to do.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
^perhaps but let's not assume all youngsters are ready for first team (see Bojan). Pep has to be careful with promotions but I see the sense of urgency. If we had kept Chyg and trained him better from the bench maybe we wouldn't be having this problem. According to Meta he was never to be used immediately as a starter given his status in Russia league (?) and differing styles of play, learning curve etc. I know Abidal is lookiing a LITTLE sharper in CB but still he got caught slipping yesterday and against formidable oppon he will get exposed in that position. I hope Milito extends after this season tbh. I know he is older but he has always impressed me. One bad game won't cause me to go against him. He needs minutes too to get back to his best with conditioning.

Sandro will always be a right fuckin' mug to me for the way he forced Pep to sell Chygrynskiy. piece of shit.

and now, as you say, he'd have come in use!

Richard.H

The best method for the lineup now since Puyol is gone is to have Busquets as a CB and put Mascherano as a DM. I think that would be the best lineup until Puyol comes back.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
208wgp5.gif

nickd

i seriously hope he ccomes back before arsenal.i am not comfortable with both adriano and maxwell as full backs.for hercules game we should play
adriano---pique--busquets---abidal

Galning

Not only is our defence fucked now, but this is also really bad for our mentality.
Puyol always gives the team extra fire.

Home of Barca Fans