5 - Carles Puyol

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Supposedly he was training but he still felt some discomfort in his knee. So that would explain him being ruled out. We can't play him unless the knew is 100%, else he could do serious damage.

B

BrazilianBleugrana

I don't think our defense is really much to worry about since all we need to do is score a goal to be thru to the next stage..as long as we keep shape for the counter then i think were fine.Its Ars's forwards that are shaky right now

W

woobie

(from the club website)

Before the game, Carles Puyol will receive a cheque for 100,000 euros from UEFA after being named captain of the 2010 Team of the Year by users of uefa.com. He will donate the money to the Red Cross.

The FC Barcelona centre back got 230,000 votes for the captaincy of the 2010 Team of the Year. The advisor to UEFA president Michel Platini, William Gaillard, will present the cheque to Puyol just before tonight’s crunch Champions League second round second leg between Barça and Arsenal. The first team captain will donate the money to the International Red Cross Committee.

This will be the fourth year in a row that the money awarded to the captain of the uefa.com Team of the Year has gone straight to one of UEFA’s oldest associates, the Red Cross. The money will be used to help with a project for the physical rehabilitation of land mine victims in Afghanistan.

Speaking to uefa.com about giving the money to the Red Cross, Puyol said “it is a huge honour to have been voted captain of the uefa.com Team of the Year. I am lucky because I don’t just play football for my health and because I have two good legs. I am happy to make this contribution to people less fortunate than myself, and I hope it can help make their lives better in some way.”

Meanwhile, the Red Cross director of financial resources and logistics, Helen Alderson, said “Carles Puyol doesn’t just give us financial support but also moral support, which is very important because he has a lot of fans in Afghanistan”.

Galning

We really need him right now but it would be stupid to rush him. We'll need him more when it really matters. We still have a five points lead over Madrid so La Lliga shouldn't be a problem.

10messi

When will be Puyol ready? Do anyone know excatly when he will start playing again?

I have no idea.. but it would be great if he came back like in 2 weeks max.. then we'd have him ready for the big games! And a defense with alves-puyol-pique-maxwell doesnt look bad :)

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
With abi
Out hope he returns soon but as long as we have him a couple weeks before Madrid it's all good

Home of Barca Fans