6 - Carles Alena

MTL_Barca

Hope Valverde somehow subs him on by accident again the next matches. Every second for Denis is one too much, Alena can become very important for us in the future and he earned a chance.

xXKonan

I really hope he ends up cementing his spot here for years to come.

We have had some bad luck with some La Masia Midfielders recently in terms of promotion. Some either ending up with terrible injuries (Rafinha) or others ended up not developing as we hoped (Samper) who also had his fair share of injuries.

I badly want to see a duo of Arthur and Alena play together.

wisconsincule

Happy for him. Give him all of Denis minutes and more. At this point I’d rather see what he can offer in the midfield over Bob.

Joan

Is it a smart move though? Playing time with Barca B was valuable. Let's see how well he does.

xXKonan

Is it a smart move though? Playing time with Barca B was valuable. Let's see how well he does.
He will play a lot with the B team but it wouldn't be good for his development IMO.

He's 20 but he's played a lot with the B team in the past couple of years in both the Second and Third division. He's currently level right now is above both the second division and especially the third division. Right now he's perfect for coming off the bench and having a few starts here and there against some weaker teams.

Joan

He will play a lot with the B team but it wouldn't be good for his development IMO.

He's 20 but he's played a lot with the B team in the past couple of years in both the Second and Third division. He's currently level right now is above both the second division and especially the third division. Right now he's perfect for coming off the bench and having a few starts here and there against some weaker teams.

I don't disagree. But if he's promoted, he better be trusted some minutes. The bench won't help his development.

xXKonan

I don't disagree. But if he's promoted, he better be trusted some minutes. The bench won't help his development.
It does seem tempting, but for me, He's at that level where he's certainly too good for the Segunda divison but also not quite there yet to throw him into the wolves against teams such as Real Madrid etc. But he is good enough to be used as a Sub and possibly as a starter against some of the weaker teams in the league.

I think he's going to get a lot more minutes this for the rest of the season than we expected. Considering Rafinha got Injured, Coutinho is preferred as an LW, Denis seems worthless in Valverde's eyes and Samper himself is a non-entity at this point. Which leaves Vidal and Alena as the two main subs for the Midfield.

There's Roberto as a CM option but he will spend most of his time as an RB instead.

MTL_Barca

At some point playing time in a low league doesn't help anymore. He has already shown that he is above the level of Barca B so i don't think playing more games there helps with his development.

Some minutes here and there with the first team help him more than a starting spot for the B team imo. Its also not like we have to donate these minutes to him, giving them to him instead of Denis will also be better for us.

Joan

It does seem tempting, but for me, He's at that level where he's certainly too good for the Segunda divison but also not quite there yet to throw him into the wolves against teams such as Real Madrid etc. But he is good enough to be used as a Sub and possibly as a starter against some of the weaker teams in the league.

I think he's going to get a lot more minutes this for the rest of the season than we expected. Considering Rafinha got Injured, Coutinho is preferred as an LW, Denis seems worthless in Valverde's eyes and Samper himself is a non-entity at this point. Which leaves Vidal and Alena as the two main subs for the Midfield.

There's Roberto as a CM option but he will spend most of his time as an RB instead.

Yes, you're right. :thumbsup: I'm happy for him, don't get me wrong. Just feared he wouldn't get enough minutes.

Home of Barca Fans