6 - Gavi

Co0ter

You move up as a block and back as a block. Against Rayo we had two teams. The defence spearheaded by Busquets and the offense spearheaded by... Busquets. Then a big space in between that the mids and widemen could not enter.

You see the problem here.

Things changed with Frenkie because he played a different game, and in turn linked the offence and defence with his speed and runs.

Yea. Been saying since last season that Xavi's tactics are shocking for a player that played completely different from what he's designing the team to play.

Isolated wingers, CMs not involved. Using a past it, overrated DM who has been nothing but average since Iniesta and Xavi were past it as the focal point of the team. Fullbacks not linking up with wingers.

Really bad. The funny thing is, he has a great team now minus fullbacks yet he's using the same shit tactics as last season. He also has a young, likely WC DM who he's been trying to get rid of all summer despite him being our best midfielder period.

Porque

Yea. Been saying since last season that Xavi's tactics are shocking for a player that played completely different from what he's designing the team to play.

Isolated wingers, CMs not involved. Using a past it, overrated DM who has been nothing but average since Iniesta and Xavi were past it as the focal point of the team. Fullbacks not linking up with wingers.

Really bad. The funny thing is, he has a great team now minus fullbacks yet he's using the same shit tactics as last season. He also has a young, likely WC DM who he's been trying to get rid of all summer despite him being our best midfielder period.

I think he is going to get it together but I don't understand how for example you play Gavi and have him aimlessly run to the attacking line and wait there, when he is [probably] our best short space midfielder. Covers a ton of ground is aggressive in the turnover and is quick to play short simple passes. He is the one you want moving closer to Busquets and progressing the ball around the central midfielder while Pedri is the one to receive a bit higher and think if there is a progressive ball or not. In a way Gavi is the one closer to the Xavi role and Pedri - Iniesta. Not the other way round.

Early days this season in any case. Apart from fullbacks the other big worry if signing Raphinha to have at AML. For that you go out and buy an actual AML for a similar fee.

jamrock

Think raphinha was bought as a right winger, because they thought dembele wouldn't renew & then he did which as presented a kind of good problem to have.

He just needs to have dembele & raphinha duke it out for the right

Torres & fati Duke it out for the left.

Horatio

You're welcome
Think raphinha was bought as a right winger, because they thought dembele wouldn't renew & then he did which as presented a kind of good problem to have.

He just needs to have dembele & raphinha duke it out for the right

Torres & fati Duke it out for the left.

Dembele's creative skill are too good to bench even when playing on left. Unless you believe Torres to make those chances. And Ansu not playing can still be excused as he is young and still fears a relapse.

Zidane82

We should try GAVI at RB in a couple of games when we are comfortably up in the game

He can play that position easy , do us a favour for this season whilst getting him playing time ..

Catta

How would him getting playing time as a RB be a good idea. It could ruin him, at best he would become another Roberto.

JamDav1982

Nico didnt suit Xavis positional cones role in CM, Gavi doesnt seem to, FDJ doesnt, doubt Kessie does.

But never mind the midfield has the worlds slowest DM playing in role to run the whole show.

If have a midfield of Busi as sole DM and Pedri/Silva parked high up park at AM that will be absolutely torn to shreds and bullied defensively by top teams midfields.

Barely any player in this system is playing a role that suits them properly.

Silva at City is not some hugely creative player breaking defences all the time either. His stats for a City AM are not hugely impressive.

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

The summer friendlies gave false positives while serghei was leading the cheerleading camp here although I already mentioned the Dembele Xavi circus. I did a mental performance analysis of one of Gavi's friendlies few weeks ago, already forget which one where he played one half and his poor % plays/touches were much lower than usual with a couple good forward passes. But now that season's on again and liga isn't filled with pushovers he's back to his usual self.

Porque comparing Gavi to Xavi means he's back to his usual self too lmao.

Porque

The summer friendlies gave false positives while serghei was leading the cheerleading camp here although I already mentioned the Dembele Xavi circus. I did a mental performance analysis of one of Gavi's friendlies few weeks ago, already forget which one where he played one half and his poor % plays/touches were much lower than usual with a couple good forward passes. But now that season's on again and liga isn't filled with pushovers he's back to his usual self.

Nah dawg, he's just the closest thing we have to someone who can run around the mid and play quick 5-15m passes for circulation. Pedri could do it but between him and Busquets we will be moving the ball back slowly to the times of the renaissance.

bastardo

It?s the same thing everytime, good game and he?s a generational talent. Bad game and he?s overrated af. Just remind yourself that he?s 18 and this inconsistency comes with the territory.

delancey

It?s the same thing everytime, good game and he?s a generational talent. Bad game and he?s overrated af. Just remind yourself that he?s 18 and this inconsistency comes with the territory.

This is true, which is why he should be used as a squad player for now.

Messi983

We should try GAVI at RB in a couple of games when we are comfortably up in the game

He can play that position easy , do us a favour for this season whilst getting him playing time ..

Should play Busi as RB. Would be shit there as well but at least midfield would be better.

vegitot

Cheerleader :lol:

Gavi is actually good for Spain. But i don't see anything from him that's similiar to Xavi except his name.

Home of Barca Fans