6 - Gavi

FinBarcelonafan

Xavi: "Gavi does not surprise me, I follow him every day in training. I don't want to be unfair with the rest, but maybe he was the best in the match."

serghei

What is his contract situation? Did he extend after becoming 18 or some oil club can assault him and his family with cash in the summer?

D10S_JC

He's only 18 and I don't want he plays too much games. I am worried he will be exhausted in early age like Fabregas.

Kul_z

Relentless. More and more games and when refs start to recognize his style and clear tackles he often makes it would be even better. He just spawns like a terrier and players fall on the ground not even tackled. Although id like him when on 25m range to start trying to finish/shoot by himself, he's capable.

El Barcelona

This guy is pitbull with insane workrate. Sometimes to slow and sloppy technique when he's in a attacking position. Can Xavi put him for 1 game on the dm position, I really want to see him play there. I think he has the capacity to be molded in a great defensive mid.

Loki

didn't Robert Moreno say last night as commentator that Gavi renewed this summer?

I dont know if he said it, but it's wrong. Barca will renew and register him as a first team player in january. But everything is agreed, so no worries there.

serghei

I don't care if everything is agreed verbally. In January he could sign with another team as well. Let's hope the contract extension is signed and wrapped up, but not registered yet. No wage cap rule can stop us from signing a contract as far as I know, only from registering it.

iniestaGOAT

Gavi has big balls not gonna lie

But the balls are not big enough to walk away from barca first team to some other team for money.

Co0ter

Quite bizarre you don't recognize how good Gavi is. He's an absolute gem that works 110% with and without the ball, and he proved it again tonight :gavi:

I'm glad he had a good game, but as I said, it doesnt change the fact that he was not present most of the end of the season into preseason and the beginning of this season.

His work rate and fighter mentality was never in doubt, it's a question of where else does he excel and offer the team. He often got bullied last season, despite being a fighter. It's like when a mini poodle is trying his hardest vs a rottweiler that doesnt budge.

He's young and has the right mentality, I hope he continues to improve and develops more to his game.

Home of Barca Fans