6 - Gavi

Porque

Not to defend the kid, but I wonder if the contract issues are affecting him.

It was an odd comment by Xavi in the presser too, and then now Xavi keeping him on for 90 inspite of a yellow and playing poorly.

JamDav1982

It was an odd comment by Xavi in the presser too, and then now Xavi keeping him on for 90 inspite of a yellow and playing poorly.
He was like this a lot this season and more noticeable when back at CM how positionally poor and lacking quality he is a lot of the time.

Nazario1985

He was like this since day one, even with Spain he is useless in that shit of a team

BJJ

He needs to be benched and pay his dues. In another era Gavi and Pedri would be playing second fiddle to some world class midfielders but since we're broke and can never recruit the right players these guys are starters.
11 passes. WTF. We may as well bring back Andre Gomes 😂

Richard.H

WTF happened to this kid after the league Clasico? It's like his intensity completely dropped. I could only guess that the club told him behind closed doors that he will be sold. That's the only reason.

It's incredible how much his level dropped.

xXKonan

Xavi hasn't done really much to help further his development. Instead of trying to drill the basics of being a Midfielder into him, he's just been randomly shoving this guy into various positions on the pitch just for the sake of playing him.

We should have hit the reset switch a while ago and let the kid develop as a Midfielder. Instead of this nonsense that he has to play every single minute and be a non-entity for most of the match.

Iniesta Ultra

0:15 - loses ball on second touch
0:20 - fouls Shaqiri
0:55 - fouls someone
1:04 - loses ball on throw in, dives on feather touch doesn't fool ref
2:08 - fouls Shaqiri
2:35 - saves ball on endline gifts defender, common sense would've used defender for corner instead
2:57 - could've been good dribble but goes headless bull into defender
3:35 - passes across pitch to no one
3:55 - crybabies in front of Shaqiri
4:12 - passes to Switzerland
4:44 - steals ball
5:08 - loses ball on throw in

Spent a lot of Depay xTime on the ground and in between above timestamps almost entirely side and back passes. Even Gavi simps like diarrhea and vegirot gotta be embarrassed by this, no goal to 'justify' this 4th division level play. Looks might have bit of black eye with all the failing flailing he's trademarking.

When Xavi's fired we need to sell Gavi and Torres in following window cut any financial losses.

P Torre's not as good as Puig obviously so maybe Xavi will be ok benching Gavi for him.

I did more performance analyses last year but almost a year of this shit, fucking groundhog day every week with xaviball.

Funny how JamDav was defending this same shit chihua back then.

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

1:15 - crosses to Demb few meters short, defender clears
1:32 - good cross to Auba, Auba's defended well
1:48 - pressured and dribbles out of play, falls to ground
1:54 - slightly overhits diagonal ground pass to FDJ goes to defender, FDJ didn't attempt to receive and looks close enough could've
2:08 - 50ish yard pass about 7 yards shy of Demb, defender chests to keeper
2:32 - Rayo player passes directly to him, free steal
2:42 - recovers Alba's blocked cross, enters box, believe genuinely fouled hard to tell by replay but penalty not called
3:13 - steals ball dribbles 40ish yards before pressured, falls, hits out of play with no one around, not sure if fishing for foul
3:17 - wins aerial duel
3:30 - can't control well driven medium pass loses possession
3:49 - recovers ball inside box goal attempt hits upper corner of post
4:44 - simple but decent one two three with FDJ
5:55 - attempts blind backheel pass unaware defender right behind him then commits foul attempting recover
6:20 - tackled, falls unnecessarily afterwards
6:50 - good cross to Depay falls afterwards
7:01 - retrieves ball in box dribbles to endline cross for Luuk bicycle attempt
7:17 - cross directly to keeper
7:22 - 65ish yard forward punt too close to keeper
7:30 - chests ball to defender
7:35 - tackled
7:40 - fouled from behind in box, 2nd pen not called (ref saw him dive too much already in the match, honesty best policy, just desserts for always crying wolf)
8:20 - cross directly to keeper
8:37 - cross couple yards behind Luuk
8:40 - 60ish yard diagonal pass 5 yards too left lands to defender
8:46 - yellow card

Usual filler side and back passes, in future I'll count the number of recycling passes. Did have positive contributions but 64% above were poor plays.

Atrocious stats and I was the only one posting how awful he was then.

BBZ8800

Xavi hasn't done really much to help further his development. Instead of trying to drill the basics of being a Midfielder into him, he's just been randomly shoving this guy into various positions on the pitch just for the sake of playing him.

We should have hit the reset switch a while ago and let the kid develop as a Midfielder. Instead of this nonsense that he has to play every single minute and be a non-entity for most of the match.

Gavi can't tie his shoelaces.
Maybe you are expecting too much from Xavi to teach him something...

serghei

WTF happened to this kid after the league Clasico? It's like his intensity completely dropped. I could only guess that the club told him behind closed doors that he will be sold. That's the only reason.

It's incredible how much his level dropped.

It happens, his level will come back up. De Jong is a huge miss in midfield for us. Midfield collapsed immediately after he got injured imo.

Dips in form are very normal at his age.

Home of Barca Fans