6 - Gavi

Birdy

Merino rumours make sense if he is back between Oct and Nov, and given setbacks and time to re-adapt,
we are talking about January at best

Flick needs this physical box to box profile that can start from deep in a double pivot and even arrive at the box
Currently only Gavi possesses that profile in the squad.

xXKonan

There are reports he won't be back until probably October and probably by that time Flick will probably have some sort of idea of his lineup.

Don't see him really making an impact until way later in the season.

jamrock

We need him back big time and Asap.

As people here in the greatness nation on the face of the earth love to say. Lol

He's got that DOG in him, the only player we have in Midfield with they quality.

xXKonan

If he had been taken off immediately he would have been here in time for preseason.

That extra time he was on the pitch made things worse.

I know that but people saying he won’t even be back in January
Playing on an already fucked ACL will do that to you. Blame Xavi I guess? Spanish FA trying to destroy our talents before they can challenge the the super team they're building (or built already i guess) over in Madrid?
Imo I rather him sit out an entire year than be rushed back. If we manage him properly we have 15 years of this kid. I rather that than half a season in a season we're not likely to be competing for a treble or something amazing like that. Fermin will help :)

Nazario1985

I know that but people saying he won’t even be back in January

When you hear return date October means he won't be in shape until January.

It's ACL and he is too young to rush him back.

Flick logically will plan the next season midfield without him, he'll be an addition when fit.

Chomutov

When you hear return date October means he won't be in shape until January.

It's ACL and he is too young to rush him back.

Flick logically will plan the next season midfield without him, he'll be an addition when fit.
When you watch the videos from yesterday on YouTube seeing him doing all these exercises with heavy weights It's hard to believe he will be back in October. Looks pretty good. I wonder what will he be doing in 5 months from now on? Gym exercises all day long? Dont think so, might be back way earlier than everyone thinks

Nazario1985

When you watch the videos from yesterday on YouTube seeing him doing all these exercises with heavy weights It's hard to believe he will be back in October. Looks pretty good. I wonder what will he be doing in 5 months from now on? Gym exercises all day long? Dont think so, might be back way earlier than everyone thinks

Gym is a thing, putting your body to work is different.

We've seen Ansu "hitting the gym" before his X-Come back then going back to hospital duty.

Specially for Gavi ACL is a fucked up injury, because his main "skill" is fighting for the ball, he is not a finesse player like Pedri.

So if your play style is a Gattuso, you better have both knees working at 100%

xXKonan

We also have no idea what Flick's plan for him at this point.

By the time he gets back, he'll have lost a year of development, there's new tactics, a new coach, and possibly we'll likely have a new midfielder or two. Even if you got rid of FDJ there will be a replacement.

He won't be up to speed until the second half the season at best anyway.

Home of Barca Fans