7 - Ferran Torres

Catta

Both Pedro and Villa are overrated by Barca fans for the 2011 season. All the success from that season was because of Messi and the midfield. Both were good players, but they aren't even close to Eto'o and Henry in 2009.

Attack form 2009 is much more complete and balanced than the one from 2011, where 90% was Messi.

vuji_31

Both Pedro and Villa are overrated by Barca fans for the 2011 season. All the success from that season was because of Messi and the midfield. Both were good players, but they aren't even close to Eto'o and Henry in 2009.

Attack form 2009 is much more complete and balanced than the one from 2011, where 90% was Messi.

Agree.

Messi Henry Etoo is another lvl.

fergus90

09-11 Pedro was class but yeah the 08/09 trio trumps it. To be honest 08/09 was my favourite season in the years I've followed Barca.

serghei

No way. David Villa is only the best goalscorer in the history of Spain's national team. I'd say the two trios are on par. The one from 2009 is more star-oriented, but the one from 2011 compensates with a higher work rate.

David Villa was superb in the CL final of 2011, Clasico in 2010, and many other games. Nothing to do with Messi. We just got him at the end of his prime. And he got injured in late 2011, fracture I think, and wasn't the same again.

Last edited:

serghei

Valencia enjoyed the best Villa. I'd always hoped to see a Villa-Eto'o-Messi frontline.

Or Villa - Messi - Pedro one year earlier. Pedro was great in 2010 as well and so was Messi, it was Ibra that stunk up the place with his punk behavior that we had to rely on Bojan :lol:.

Bobo32

lose my number if you prefer 2009 :) Although Eto'o was nice, a true favourite player of mine.
Ferran Torres is a step towards something like the 2011 team, with the right transfers and the right guidance, this team could very well destroy football next season already.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It is too early to give up on him, but he will need to do better and take another step next season. Not confident he will retain his spot once or if Ansu manages to stay healthy.

Givenchy

It is too early to give up on him, but he will need to do better and take another step next season. Not confident he will retain his spot once or if Ansu manages to stay healthy.

Early days indeed but I still don't understand why we bought him.. for 50mil+ in our financial situation also. Feels like we were just targeting Spain internationals, remember Morata also?

Barcilliant

He's good but he's going to have to improve to justify his price tag. His finishing is still pretty woeful imo. I'd also like to see more fire from him. Very similar to Morata attitude wise. The talent is there,not sure about the mentality.

Laplacian

I'm fine with Torres if we get a quality dribbler with end product on the right side. I'm hoping Raphinha is "it" but it genuinely feels like he might not be.

jamrock

No one is ever "it" until it's so blatantly obvious that the entire world can see it for a certain poster. Lol

Home of Barca Fans