7 - Ferran Torres

Birdy

Ferran is our 9, at least till the end of the season.
Fati-Ferran-Dembele, with Depay being the 1st back up

Agree!
Abde will fill in a lot on the LW too, with FAti playing some games as 9.

But with these 5, we finally have a decent front-line for the 1st time in the season

Birdy

You call this frontline decent?

A pussy winger turned striker aka Depay 2.0

We will see how 'pussy' he will be on the pitch.
But we have depth for the 1st time in the season.
To the extent that we might not even need Braithwate when he becomes fit again

Messigician

We will see how 'pussy' he will be on the pitch.
But we have depth for the 1st time in the season.
To the extent that we might not even need Braithwate when he becomes fit again

What depth?

Dembele Fati injury prone

And Torres is literally injured for months and is still injured who knows his physical condition

mc_lovin

Not sure about him as a #9, but I like him a lot as a winger. Always thought we were at our best when we had (even if a bit slower) inverted wingers with great goal-scoring instincts.

Birdy

Braithwate will be last in the pecking order.
But the good news we have for the first time 6 (!) wingers and forwards for 3 positions.
The rise of Abde was also crucial.
That's decent depth

And now, I don't wanna ever see a md like Gavi or Nico or Frenkie play as a winger EVER again

Messi983

There were rumours of Barca having to pay nothing this year , might also be the reason why we are paying so much.

I assume by this year you mean 2021? This is pretty obvious as we can't afford to pay 55m right now. Real question is if we've managed to negotiate to pay let's say 25-30m next summer and then the rest in 2023. This would be an ok deal as it would probably allow us to spend some more money next summer either on a striker (depending on how Xavi plans to use Ferran, Fati and Dembele) or probably more likely a CB and maybe a LB (also assuming Mazraoui or Apzilicueta would be signed on a free if Dest is sold).

Would be even better if we wouldn't need to pay any big payments (except maybe like 10-15m next summer) before 2023 but that's very unlikely.

Vladinho

I just love how this deal has triggered Barto's biggest fan on the forum [MENTION=23192]Messigician[/MENTION], giving lectures to the forum of how Laporta is doing bad business in the market. Ironic or laughable?

Birdy

I just love how this deal has triggered Barto's biggest fan on the forum [MENTION=23192]Messigician[/MENTION], giving lectures to the forum of how Laporta is doing bad business in the market. Ironic or laughable?

laughable

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think it is customary that clubs pay transfer fees in installments, at least that has been the norm for us, that's why a big portion of our debt (just little under 300m or so last time I checked) is money owed to other clubs. Don't we still owe money to Liverpool for Coutinho and Ajax for Frenkie?

Anyways, 55m + is way too much.

Home of Barca Fans