7 - Ferran Torres

Andresito

Staff member
Don't think he's meant to be the long term #9, unless he explodes this season which I doubt. Goal will still be Haaland with Ferran on either wing depending on the form of Ansu and Dembele.

Daisymorr

Don't think he's meant to be the long term #9, unless he explodes this season which I doubt. Goal will still be Haaland with Ferran on either wing depending on the form of Ansu and Dembele.

Haaland is very wishful thinking, we cannot afford his wages going forward. Ferran will probably play on the wing but he has the size to fill in as number 9 when needed. Good player with an eye for a goal.

We need to start looking at improving the defence now.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
For LW/RW standards, he will be a decently goalscoring winger. Like Pedro. Maybe he will develop into a 25-30 goals a season (in all comps) striker, who knows.

Windhook

I even criticized Haaland and his lack of impact those first 2-3 games on here, but after that he's been on fire for us.

Didn't follow any Norway games after that, but hope you are right. Haaland deserves some succes with the national team.

behindbrowneyes

55M+ is still a big investment. Imo he has a higher ceiling as a #9 than on the wing and that's where he'll play in the next few months. A big plus is his versatility. Everything else, we'll see. No one knows if Dembele extends, stays injury-free. Same doubts about Fati staying fit.

And of course Laporta at least will try everything in his power to sign Haaland.

Andresito

Staff member
Was it his right or left foot that got injured? Already seen shooting with his right foot only two days ago. Shouldn't be too far away.

Mateka

just asking as i did not see cryuff (only youtube vids), was he better than R9 ?

In my opinion no. But in his day, Cruyff was outstanding. You have probably seen it on YouTube, Cruyff turn named after him.

Last edited:

Mateka

Realistic.

Haaland is not signing for Barca. Just plain , simple, reality.

Play Ferran as a 9.

But he is coming back from injury, made worse by poor handling by Spain NT.

He has no pre season with Barca.

He is not match fit.

But he is a very good signing, who can only get better with the right coach and team.

wisconsincule

Yeah I gotta think this signing means no Haaland. Regardless I hope he pans out. As with all transfers these days none are a sure thing.

Home of Barca Fans