7 - Ferran Torres

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hype is there as he is Catalan and young but who knows. It's all about the system anyway. Pedro under pep came out of nowhere and proved to be an asset.

Windhook

Hype is there as he is Catalan and young but who knows. It's all about the system anyway. Pedro under pep came out of nowhere and proved to be an asset.

It's more the football IQ than nationality and some knowledge in the local language. Ferran is Valencian, but it's close to being Catalan. Iniesta isn't Catalan, neither, but gelled perfectly with our style.

cro-man

I wil give him 1-2 years till he is gone. When was the last time spain had great strikers? . They do produce great midfielders but when it depends on strikers nohting. I think david villa was the last decent one.

malvolio

I wil give him 1-2 years till he is gone. When was the last time spain had great strikers? . They do produce great midfielders but when it depends on strikers nohting. I think david villa was the last decent one.

I am not really a fan of his transfer. But don't understand this talk about Ferran Torres being a striker.

The guy hasn't proved anything in his career that warrants playing him as a 9. Even if you watch his highlights he isn't better than Morata at 9.

People loosing their minds with all these comparisons with Fernando Torres or Eto'o. Shit takes after shit takes.

PS : David Villa was worlds apart from Ferran when it comes to being a striker

Jadentheman

Yeah I gotta think this signing means no Haaland. Regardless I hope he pans out. As with all transfers these days none are a sure thing.

Haaland and Mbappe are simply too expensive for Barca. And the bidding war for them(though Mbappe is clearly committed to a Madrid move) will be through the roof. Add on to the fact the sporting plan currently just isn't there to entice them. It's a pipe dream. Best Barca can do are buy budding/potential players, old finished players and B-tier superstars that aren't getting enough playing time on the teams that they are currently on.

Bobo32

I think there is money to be spent, I am not sure if this money was best spent on Ferran Torres as I don't really know enough about him, but I think he will play well for Barcelona. As I see him he is a runner that is decently technical, pretty direct and forceful but still good enough to circulate the ball when that is what is needed. I think a runner is very much needed, and he also works well in defence and also speaks himself about working in defence, which is very much needed.

Could he play a bit like a mix of Pedro Rodriquez and David Villa for Barcelona maybe?

Messi983

Amigos...

FHt6qBSXEAocXaB

FHt6p-PXoAQyjcA

FHtzynpX0AseDm9

akaranzo

I am not really a fan of his transfer. But don't understand this talk about Ferran Torres being a striker.

The guy hasn't proved anything in his career that warrants playing him as a 9. Even if you watch his highlights he isn't better than Morata at 9.

People loosing their minds with all these comparisons with Fernando Torres or Eto'o. Shit takes after shit takes.

PS : David Villa was worlds apart from Ferran when it comes to being a striker

He was being trained to be a 9 by Pep, and he was showing good signs there during this season. He's only 21, if he keeps training in that position he'll be an excellent striker but we'll see if Xavi wants him as that or as a winger.

BBZ8800

He was being trained to be a 9 by Pep, and he was showing good signs there during this season. He's only 21, if he keeps training in that position he'll be an excellent striker but we'll see if Xavi wants him as that or as a winger.

A guy who is trained as a striker will never be as good as guys who were always strikers.

That's like turning Dest into a RW, Dembele into a striker, Dmcs into Cbs.
Just Barca things.

Home of Barca Fans