7 - Ferran Torres

Mateka

A guy who is trained as a striker will never be as good as guys who were always strikers.

That's like turning Dest into a RW, Dembele into a striker, Dmcs into Cbs.
Just Barca things.

Some who switched:

Pierre Emerick Aubameyang

Roberto Firmino

Thierry Henry

Robin Van Persie

Not a striker. One who changed position - if my memory serves me correctly - and became a forerunner for Busquets, was Guardiola, moved by Cruyff.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Amigos...

FHt6qBSXEAocXaB

FHt6p-PXoAQyjcA

FHtzynpX0AseDm9

They share the same agent

khaled_a_d

A guy who is trained as a striker will never be as good as guys who were always strikers.

That's like turning Dest into a RW, Dembele into a striker, Dmcs into Cbs.
Just Barca things.

Players aren't born with a tag on their head saying they are born to play Certain positions, plenty of players developed better in positions they weren't groomed to be in their early career.
Yaya played as striker and CB before turning into midfielder
Messi and CR7 switched positions
Salah and Bale were LB.
Alba was a winger
Henry was a winger
Roberto and Mascherano were better defenders for us than midfielders.

Switching positions occur all the time, it just needs an open minded coach.
That said, I hope it is switching position, or stay as winger, rather than a loose idea of signing him as versatile player who can be used at both.
Said it before that this rarely worked for us

Barcilliant

There are alot of intangibles involved with a transfer. Can the player stay injury free, will he adapt to club and city, will he get along with manager, position played etc.
The good thing is Torres is young and can play on the wing or as a nine. If we can get Fati and Dembele injury free and the trio click we should be a lock for top four.

FinBarcelonafan

He is very young too, I think people forget. Low risk high reward type of signing. Even if he fails you sell him for 25-30mil, because his age and low salary unless he Umtitis himself totally.

Problem buying players aged like Griezmann, they need to make immediate impact and if they don't work out you are stuck with 100mil player worth 30mil on very high salary, like Real with Hazard. Meaning their transfer value is zero. Technically Coutinho should have decent resale value because he ain't that old yet but busted completely.

Last edited:

Raketa10

So according to Sport we can't register him until we offload Umtiti and Coutinho. This will be interesting. :lol: Who the hell will take those two?

Home of Barca Fans