7 - Ferran Torres

Vladinho

My only question here is how can we already make this official before the opening of the transfer market? How does this work? They can announce it, but submit the papers after the opening of the transfer period?

Mateka

So can Torres play for Barcelona straight away?

No, not unless the club lowers its own costs, due to LaLiga's financial rules. As things stand the club are still outside of the Spanish league's spending limits and are therefore subject to the 1:4 ratio - if they want to bring in a player on a €4m (3.4m) salary, someone on €16m (13.8m) needs to leave, for example.

The Barcelona board are going to have negotiate more pay cuts if they wish to see Torres on the pitch in 2022. Aguero reportedly agreeing to forego the second year of his contract and only collecting part of his wage for the remainder of this season is a start.

Daily Mail

Last edited:

Messi983

He's still not ready to play anyway and probably won't be before January 15 so this shouldn't be too big of a problem. By that time we should lower some costs, probably by renewing Dembele on lower wages and also saving amortisation costs.

My only question here is how can we already make this official before the opening of the transfer market? How does this work? They can announce it, but submit the papers after the opening of the transfer period?

Yeah, clubs can announce transfers at any time but player can't be registered before transfer window officially opens which is on January 3rd in Spain. So for example Alves also won't be allowed to play against Mallorca a day before that.

Also, Romero is reporting Ferran's presentation is scheduled for next Tuesday.

serghei

Really good transfer. Haven't seen him much, but I was a bit shocked by his two expertly taken goals against Italy. From two crosses even. One was a volley straight in, the other was a header that I believe shows a very high degree of intelligence and finishing skills.

khaled_a_d

Somehow I don't see Fati playing wide winger, he needs to be inside the box to convert those chances. If Xavi trusts Depay our trident, I imagine, would look something like this:

LW - Depay/Ferran
CF - Fati
RW - Ferran/Dembele

What you described with Fati, is same problem with Ferran, he isn't a winger either but more of an forward who lives on entering penalty area.
Which is my main concern with him, only wide players we have is Abde and Dembele.
Another big issue is that he is more comfortable on right side than left side.

You can sign any player officially any day of the year, you just can't register him until a certain window.

PS: Some reports suggests we will announce him on 28th, that is the day of innocence which is Spanish version of April fool.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ansu - Haaland - Ferran Torres

Three potential killers in front of goal.

That'd be a sight to watch.

BusiTheKing

I've never understood this Ansu as a 9 thing. Everything he's shown suggests to me that he's better when allowed to orchestrate in a bit of space instead of having to wrestle and dart and explode.

It's not like he has problems getting into finishing situations as a winger either.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I've never understood this Ansu as a 9 thing. Everything he's shown suggests to me that he's better when allowed to orchestrate in a bit of space instead of having to wrestle and dart and explode.

It's not like he has problems getting into finishing situations as a winger either.

Personally, I believe Ansu will ultimately play just like the #10 he has inherited but that's the beauty in the versatility of this potential attacking trident - they can interchange across the front line. Starting wide and coming in centrally or playing as a false 9 and putting it on a plate for the others

Moreover, even in the limited time Ferran & Ansu played together with La Roja it's clear there is excellent chemistry - imagine when they have more time together

vuji_31

Man City fans are really happy for 60mil they are getting.

Valling FCB clown club with this transfer soo...

Home of Barca Fans