7 - Ferran Torres

ajnotkeith

True. He needs more quickness badly. He can't dribble past anyone with his acceleration. His speed isn't great either.

There's basically no point to pass to him if he is on the left wing. He won't create anything from there.

We need to get him middle of the pitch where he make good runs, finishes. Sadly it sounds like Griezmann and Coutinho problem.

We need to stop signing wingers without speed/quickness. It just doesn't work.

Fati is similar to Torres but better basically..

And yes, he is smart but sadly it isn't enough. I think he got many almost breakaways in these few games but failed all of them because defense catched him. His movement is intelligent etc but he doesn't have legs to make any use of it if too far from the net.

There are players who thrive on movement, but those usually have great finishing and also some physical qualities too.
He's kind of tall but slow and weak so not useful in that regard.

Torres lack of strength or other physical qualities makes it difficult for him to be a striker, so it's not too clear what his right position is.

As an inside forward he's alright and will probably get a few goals but man, could that 55m be better spent? I think so.

However, he could just be in a bad run of form and will show us some interesting things soon.

Windhook

His dribbling is good, but not great. It's delusional to expect from him Neymar type of dribbles, you all know his game is different, based on good positioning and technique inside the box where he gets unpredictable for defenders.

He had a bad week, it will pass. And let's not forget he is yet to adapt to Barca.

FinBarcelonafan

Barca fans are truly some of the most disgusting fans. Patience like a 7 year old.

The names he is called already. Give him some time, man.

Barca fans are traumatized by wasting 360mil on Dembele, Coutinho and Griez.

Torres looks like another Griez/Cout. I think that's what we are afraid of.

feggydinho

His dribbling is good, but not great. It's delusional to expect from him Neymar type of dribbles, you all know his game is different, based on good positioning and technique inside the box where he gets unpredictable for defenders.

He had a bad week, it will pass. And let's not forget he is yet to adapt to Barca.

Maybe he hasn't settled yet cause even Aubameyang and Depay seem to dribble better than him. The main good things I see from him are positioning and movements.

Co0ter

He is relying on two things to be good :
-movement
-Finishing

We have already seen that he doesn't really have anything else. So if those two things aren't world class level.. we got hustled.

I thought he would be an interesting, young signing. The fee however, was the issue. 55mil for a player Pep wasn't including in his future plans doesn't make any sense. He also wasn't shining brightly consistently when given playing time. I agree with another poster that 55mil could of been used more wisely. He's Spanish though, so typically Barca pursues foolishly.

In a window where we brought in Adama and Auba for free, there was literally no reason whatsoever to spend 55mil on him in the winter. Could of gotten him cheaper in the summer as well, if we still inclined. I think they want a technical player who can create upfront. Ideally, that player would play on the left, while having a speed merchant on the right and a clinical striker in the middle with pace too. Fati-Auba-Dembele/Adama fit those roles. He works hard and if his finishing improves he could be a decent player on the left, but Fati has already shown he can do everything Torres does but is twice the finisher. I hope the kid gets healthy soon.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He had a quality touch but doesn't possess speed nor finishing instinct. Where is he supposed to play exactly?

Zidane82

Some of you guys just do not understand the finer points of football ..

Torres did loads of really good things today .,he just needs a goal or two to get his confidence up

Zidane82

He had a quality touch but doesn't possess speed nor finishing instinct. Where is he supposed to play exactly?

He is pretty rapid to be fair .. he has scored goals in the past , good ones as well not little tap ins like all the Sterling fanboys love

Home of Barca Fans