7 - Ferran Torres

Zidane82

There is plenty more to come from this guy !!

I predict he will have a fabulous end to this season as long as we can keep Pedri and Gavi fit and healthy

malvolio

Except that Torres is actually a forward instead of a 2nd striker/#10.

2nd striker/no 10 is a defender now? winger, winger-forward, no 10, false 9, striker, 2nd striker - they are all forwards mate.

pep tinkered a bit with ferran and some people got it into their heads he is david villa 2.0 or some other shite.

Kul_z

He'd be fine once the xavi system gets more implemented in squad, and players get more and more used to it. Lets hope auba relieves some pressure of him, on his "good" day he could score 4 against napoli but it wasnt meant to be. But sure, he need to start converting some chances soon if he thinks to have a place in starting 11

mc_lovin

2nd striker/no 10 is a defender now? winger, winger-forward, no 10, false 9, striker, 2nd striker - they are all forwards mate.

pep tinkered a bit with ferran and some people got it into their heads he is david villa 2.0 or some other shite.

I know you need special attention, but it's pretty clear what I meant.

And no, there are differences. If you can't spot them between Griezmann and Torres I can't help you.

malvolio

And no, there are differences. If you can't spot them between Griezmann and Torres I can't help you.

I was referring to their output. Not play styles, positioning on pitch, role or length of their hair.

It's not clear what you meant when saying forward is not 2nd striker.

ajnotkeith

Most of Ferran's career he played RM. He only played CF for a run of games at City, most of his career he wasn't even playing in the forward line. Griezmann is much more of a real forward.

mc_lovin

Most of Ferran's career he played RM. He only played CF for a run of games at City, most of his career he wasn't even playing in the forward line. Griezmann is much more of a real forward.

What?

He played really wide for Valencia, pretty much as a classic winger back then. He's one of the (two) main outlets for Spain (not that they have much options though). And well, for City he led the line, but they are a special case anyway. Not to mention where he plays for us.

--> I would say he was generally one of the most advanced players for his team. Unlike Griezmann.

ajnotkeith

What?

He played really wide for Valencia, pretty much as a classic winger back then. He's one of the (two) main outlets for Spain (not that they have much options though). And well, for City he led the line, but they are a special case anyway. Not to mention where he plays for us.

--> I would say he was generally one of the most advanced players for his team. Unlike Griezmann.

Ferran played pretty much all of his career games on the right in the 442. For Spain and City recently he played CF but that might account for like 20 games max.

Griezmann has played across the forward line but actually played the majority of the games in his career as first striker.

CatalinR10

So this guy costs us 55 mil + 10 mil addons ?

Add 10 mil more and we would have covered the fee required for Haaland to Dortmund.

Add another 40 mil which we will get (hopefully from Atletico for Griezmann ) and we would cover the fees for Ratiola and Haaland's dad.

If we kept the money instead of spending it on this guy , we could have gotten Haaland.

Spain but the S is silent !

mc_lovin

Ferran played pretty much all of his career games on the right in the 442. For Spain and City recently he played CF but that might account for like 20 games max.

Griezmann has played across the forward line but actually played the majority of the games in his career as first striker.

I think we are stuck on the "real forward" term... stupid semantics :p

In our front 3 Torres is a good fit, Griezmann isn't. That's it. Just watch his movement vs Napoli again (youtube). Griezmann for example never ran towards defenders or behind the line for us. I guess people are just frustrated that Ferran is not a great dribbler.

ajnotkeith

I think we are stuck on the "real forward" term... stupid semantics :p

In our front 3 Torres is a good fit, Griezmann isn't. That's it. Just watch his movement vs Napoli again (youtube). Griezmann for example never ran towards defenders or behind the line for us. I guess people are just frustrated that Ferran is not a great dribbler.

Fair enough. Ferran does have more of a defined role than Griezmann did. Let's see how they end up matching up.

Porque

Griezmann and Messi both wanted to be defensive midfielders. At times the only person we had upfront was old man Suarez who couldn't outrun the fan seated in 17B.

Home of Barca Fans