7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

tacticvarium

He is playing good problem is you guys expect "out of this world" stuff from him. If he was paid 60 mil comments would have been totally different. He was our best player in the first half.

Not really. He was still poor for 60m.
60m is still a lot of money in today's football market.

booge

what do you mean played well lmao.

played well doing what?

are you guys kidding around now. this has got to be trolling going on. even the commentators said "zero impact"

God Serena

Standards are so low for him that people are willing to consider this a good game from him. Munir and Paco have had better performances for us.

But who knows, United is an EPL team, so perhaps they'll be so bad and leave so much space that Coutinho might actually put in a solid performance.

Havesaks

looked good in the start, especially liked the touch he made before he made Oblak make a great safe. After that he was just okay for me, not bad like before, but not good either, lost the ball to much. But his effort was as it should be, he looked motivated.

serghei

Good game overall. Satisfied with him all things considered. Of course he has a lot of improving to do. Anyway, we should sell for a 100m+ offer, keep him if that price point is not met.

I'd say his situation is unpleasant, but simple. Without a very big offer, he isn't moving. With a very big offer on the table, he's as good as gone.

andyparker

Unfortunately I don’t think a big offer is a realistic expectation. He is simply not the same player from his Liverpool days. It’s like wearing that red shirt gave him special powers or something, or he was just happier there. He looks miserable and unhappy playing for us, and is on massive massive wages.

I think realistically we are looking at EUR 60m max for him. Any club that signs him will not pay the wages he is on right now, so we would likely have to pay off a portion of his contract so that he could join elsewhere on a lower wage. Best we can hope for is he has a decent end to the season to smooth the sale. Just not working out for him and us. Why i just don’t know - he looked happy to join us and be in a sunnier country, surrounding by Spanish and Portuguese speakers, and to be reunited with Suarez. It looked a good fit on paper, but it’s not working out :(

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
atleast he looks like hes trying now.. still would play Malcom if Dembele isn't ready

I thought Coutinho actually put in a decent shift but should've been subbed about 10-15 minutes sooner in the match. It's clear from how quickly Malcom's introduction changed the match, he has to play ahead of Coutinho

Arizona Scott

If coutinho is sold it will be 100 ish million.

He is star player who is mow playing ok even though he is played somewhat out of position. I do think it is better if he play behind suarez, messi and one of dembele/malcom. That puts 4 very atta k minded players and provides a lot of width.

raskolnikov

If coutinho is sold it will be 100 ish million.

He is star player who is mow playing ok even though he is played somewhat out of position. I do think it is better if he play behind suarez, messi and one of dembele/malcom. That puts 4 very atta k minded players and provides a lot of width.
It also would be a defensive liability since he doesnt track back and is a bit slow.
Coutinho seemed like a perfect fit but isnt. At best he would score vs United so they get blinded and splash 120+ mil.

Home of Barca Fans