7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

gr98

They are playing good without Coutinho at the moment and Lallana will be back for them mid October, I think they will let him go for 150-160m.

Jombi

lol, we have to count on Suarez until he's 35 with this madness. Not much money to spend in the coming years. Will certainly be difficult to compete in the market with the big guns and we all know how rubbish we are at finding bargains in the market so thats not something we can count on either.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Says who Liverpool is willing to sell him for 150m? The rumor peddled by Sport says 148m POUNDS which would be 160m, and that one was dismissed. Another rumor I heard was we are willing to offer 160m POUNDS, which would be 174m euros. Isn't that crazy? Where would this end? 200m?? For this guy??

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I wouldn't mind spending 150M on him if he was 2-3 years younger and not known for being inconsistent, but that's not the case. Just a stupid amount of money to spend on someone like Coutinho. Would make me sad considering what Pogba went for last summer, which is a type of player we need far more.

Last edited:

cro-man

Maybe liverpool is toying with us so we dont go after their targets:lol: The source of those rumours is coming from us as it seems but the opposite side claiming he will stay put. All reliable sources in england are claiming he will stay just the the source inside of barca is claiming he will come...

Maybe they saw we were after lemar and keita so they decided to fool us. It would work because our board is stupid....

George_Costanza

Says who Liverpool is willing to sell him for 150m? The rumor peddled by Sport says 148m POUNDS which would be 160m, and that one was dismissed. Another rumor I heard was we are willing to offer 160m POUNDS, which would be 174m euros. Isn't that crazy? Where would this end? 200m??

Smart investor knows when to buy or not to buy. Buying Coutinho has nothing to do with sporting needs (at least not at this moment), We need a controller more than anything. This deal is to save Barto's job, nothing more and nothing less. He puts his self interest above the club just like Paulinho's deal (Kia Joorabchia represents both Paulinho, Coutinho & Guangzhou Evergrande).

Devils

I like him a lot. But 160M for him is more of a panic buy then a good transfer, and I don't like panic buys.

We've been in panic mode since the day Neymar left. :lol:

But it's better to panic buy the best which is what we are doing with Coutinho. Plus side of the transfer.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
It's better they pay 150M for Coutinho than use that money for Parejo, Di Maria and Inigo.

Can't disagree with that. Shame we couldn't do that last year with Pogba. Paco, Gomes, Digne and Denis are all players who gave us pretty much nothing so far. Quantity over quality signings, but combine all four together and that's a lot of money spent on mediocrity.

JamDav1982

Smart investor knows when to buy or not to buy. Buying Coutinho has nothing to do with sporting needs (at least not at this moment), We need a controller more than anything. This deal is to save Barto's job, nothing more and nothing less. He puts his self interest above the club just like Paulinho's deal (Kia Joorabchia represents both Paulinho, Coutinho & Guangzhou Evergrande).

Would rather have Coutinho than any of the available 'controllers'.

He adds techincal quality energy, versatility and would be second best player after Messi possibly.

Clearly overpaying for him but it is a unique situation where alternative is virtually down tools for a season and save the money.

Raketa10

I guess you never took an accounting class! If you consider the money spent on Coutinho alone then the sale of Neymar is considered a massive loss.

You sell a Ferrari for 222m then you buy a Jaguar for little less than that.

Lol dude I have PhD from finance so please...
I am honestly sick of your negativity. You posts are fucking depressing.

Home of Barca Fans