7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Raketa10

so you were happy for Neymar to leave?

Seriously, this is a player that started a five year contract 7 weeks ago..... it's hardly like he's being held captive is it?

But being happy or not as a club leader is not what matters, this is business like every other. Is's not a childish game you have to act with your brain not with your emotions. Of course we weren't happy, of course Lpool isn't happy that's normal but would you honestly force unsatisfied player to stay or rather have a new one who will give his best in every single game? And take in to consideration you would get 160 mil for that player. From my point of view I would rather have happy Coutinho and Dembele in my team than unhappy Neymar although he is fore sure a better player in this moment.

Last edited:

Tepid water

But being happy or not as a club leader is not what matters, this is business like every other. Is's not a childish game you have to act with your brain not with your emotions. Of course we weren't happy, of course Lpool isn't happy that's normal but would you honestly force unsatisfied player to stay or rather have a new one who will give his best in every single game? And take in to consideration you would get 160 mil for that player. From my point of view I would rather have happy Coutinho and Dembele in my team than unhappy Neymar although he is fore sure a better player in this moment.
There's a direct comparison here. When Liverpool didn't sell Suarez to Arsenal he played incredibly well.

Probably why they're so resolute now.

Windhook

Robert clearly stated they will not sign Seri, but when asked about Di Maria he answered in a different way. So it seems they really have interest in signing him.

I read the same article in SPORT. Robert confirmed that the club will not sign Seri. That's it. No word on Di Maria. It's like asking him on Dybala or any other transfer.

Raketa10

There's a direct comparison here. When Liverpool didn't sell Suarez to Arsenal he played incredibly well.

Probably why they're so resolute now.

Maybe but It was a big risk, and Suarez is a different type of person, he is a true fighter and in my opinion he was much more important for Lpool than Coutinho is today. He also didn't refuse to play the games and he returned to training in the middle of the August while Coutinho clearly refused to play until the end of August. He missed two PL games and CL qualifiers and as you can see he is perfectly healthy and will play for Brazil. Look this is just my opinion I might be right or not but I would sell him for sure for 160 mil.

Last edited:

Porque

Liverpool just want to sort their signings out before confirming Coutinho exit.

They started incredibly well. They are going to make more for this deal than they ever expected. Enabling them to finance Naby Keita next season and Lemar, Van Dijk this season. That trio will improve their squad.

They just don't want it to seem as if Countinho is going because it is going to add a premium on the transfers that they will push through before deadline.

The best thing we can do right now is confirm the signing of this young player expected to be Maxime Lopes. Atleast that way it gives the option to walk away on September 1st after making Liverpool spend 160m for the UK deadline of 31st :D

Messi983

He would be happy to stay if we'd pay him wages he's getting in PSG but overall I agree with your post.

Still, if Liverpool prefers to have unhappy Coutinho and/or they think he'll get over this and start to play well again then it's their decision and right to keep him. But most teams would sell, especially for that money.

Judoman

How did Barca react when Neymar said he wanted to go to PSG?

Would never get that offer for him again, wasn't happy....

You're therefore ok with him leaving?

Did he actualy say it ?
I can t remember. I remember "the indecision" period, i remember Pique s "he stays" thingie, i remember twitts, rumors, speculation, etc
I can t remember him openly stating "i want to go to PSG" or requesting transfer. Perhaps i m wrong, who knows.

For 160 mil eur i would sell any player in a heart bit. Except Messi, because he is worth more. Any player that wants to go, that is. Including Neymar.
If 160 mil figure is true, i don t belive LFC will stick with "not for sale" policy.

Tepid water

Did he actualy say it ?
I can t remember. I remember "the indecision" period, i remember Pique s "he stays" thingie, i remember twitts, rumors, speculation, etc
I can t remember him openly stating "i want to go to PSG" or requesting transfer. Perhaps i m wrong, who knows.

For 160 mil eur i would sell any player in a heart bit. Except Messi, because he is worth more. Any player that wants to go, that is. Including Neymar.
If 160 mil figure is true, i don t belive LFC will stick with "not for sale" policy.
Good of you to be honest, many wouldn't be.

But of course, this €160m bid has never actually happened ....

And the last bid was far less....

Something like only €90m guaranteed, with add ons which really weren't very likely. And the €90m... payable over five years... that's really really odd for a football club to pay over five years isn't it? Really odd.

When someone doesn't sell, the offer they can't refuse should at least be an offer you can't refuse shouldn't it? Just my thoughts of course.

Mesimenia

Pls. See my every post in this topic. I was telling before and I am telling you now. Continho is not going to sign in this season. This transfer is directly dealing by FSG. If its klopp then there is a chance. But after official confirmation they won't let him go. We are fooled by his agent Kia Joorabcian who told our board that if we signed his doom player Poulinho then he will try his best to transfer Continho. Now when they realize it's not possible they try to show fans that they have tried. So they offered that infamous 114m bid. 80m in 5 years and impossible add ons. Then they are saying we are offering 160-170m blah blah but we never made the bid so far now. Now we are complaining that LFC is not listening our offer. As I know they never listen our offer!!!! So what stop you to make a third bid??? Or why don't we look for plan b before??? After Naymar treatment we should not moan about LFC's reluctance to sale. We also tried our best to stop Naymar when he wanted to leave. Hope our board will not treat us fool like they have been fooled by Kia Joorabcian. They better have proper honest explanation.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Pls. See my every post in this topic. I was telling before and I am telling you now. Continho is not going to sign in this season. This transfer is directly dealing by FSG. If its klopp then there is a chance. But after official confirmation they won't let him go. We are fooled by his agent Kia Joorabcian who told our board that if we signed his doom player Poulinho then he will try his best to transfer Continho. Now when they realize it's not possible they try to show fans that they have tried. So they offered that infamous 114m bid. 80m in 5 years and impossible add ons. Then they are saying we are offering 160-170m blah blah but we never made the bid so far now. Now we are complaining that LFC is not listening our offer. As I know they never listen our offer!!!! So what stop you to make a third bid??? Or why don't we look for plan b before??? After Naymar treatment we should not moan about LFC's reluctance to sale. We also tried our best to stop Naymar when he wanted to leave. Hope our board will not treat us fool like they have been fooled by Kia Joorabcian. They better have proper honest explanation.

You don't think that we wanted Paulinho:
1. to keep Neymar in the first place?
2. to get a different type of a midfielder, who can actually run (and defend)?

And buying Paulinho for 40M was only to splash 200M in total for Paulinho (40) and Coutinho (160)?
Sounds like a crazy consipracy theory from Liverpool's forum.

Zincubus

Banned
I'm thinking that the only way we get Coutinho now is for Liverpool to get Oxlaide-Chamberlain who has rejected a move to Chelsea playing as wingback as he prefers Liverpool offer to play CM.

Even then it will mean that we have to make a massive cash offer for Coutinho and NOT this payment over 5 years nonsense!

Home of Barca Fans