7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Andrew M

Barca are a spent force. They have had their golden period and now must try to rebuild. Where will they find another Xavi or Iniesta ? Delofeu and Semedo ? Paulinho ? Do me a favour. Both Suarez and Messi are in their 30s now and may last a year or 2 more. A major rebuilding job for Barcelona. Liverpool will go from strength to strength with Klopp. How quickly we improve depends on us getting in the players that we want. A game Liverpool V Barca next season would be very interesting.

I'm sorry but you are deluded.

Nothanks

---------------------------MATS(25)
-Semado(23)---Pique(30)-------Umtiti(23)----Alba(28)
-------------S.Roberto(25)-------Busi (29)
Dembele(20)-------------Messi(30)----Coutinho(25)
---------------------------Suarez(30)

pique, busi and messi have another 3 or so years left in them
only person needing replacement maybe next summer is suarez, depending how sergio roberto plays maybe he needs to be replaced for someone more world class?
idk age isn't so bad in our squad right now

springfield

Apart from issuing a statement that was 'definitive', say the player would be a Liverpool player on the first of sept, apart form confirming this position multiple times via their manager and the local press, and despite he basically laughed at the story.....

Have you not thought the the club might have spent weeks pissing up the worst tree?

Has it occurred to you that the board may have fucked up quite spectacularly?

He's it occurred to you that they may have been feeling the truth all along.

Just a suggestion of course, and you may indeed be right.... but it looks kind of fishy doesn't it?

Torres

---------------------------MATS(25)
-Semado(23)---Pique(30)-------Umtiti(23)----Alba(28)
-------------S.Roberto(25)-------Busi (29)
Dembele(20)-------------Messi(30)----Coutinho(25)
---------------------------Suarez(30)

pique, busi and messi have another 3 or so years left in them
only person needing replacement maybe next summer is suarez, depending how sergio roberto plays maybe he needs to be replaced for someone more world class?
idk age isn't so bad in our squad right now

Can't believe Messi is one of the oldest players on the team.

Time sure flies :(

springfield

Their owner later admitted that they made a massive mistake in selling Torres. They were powerless in the capture of Suarez because of release clause.

But they made a statement not selling him and not much later he was sold. So Liverpool making a statement Coutinho is not for sale still doesn't mean it can't happen. If they sign Lemar i can see this happening. And Liverpool did good by selling Torres, he was on a decline and went in a crisis, this started to happen at Liverpool already and i don't think his situation would have been different if he stayed at Liverpool.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

150-160 million € is what I would pay to get him this season, but next? I would lower the price by 40-50 million.. 110-120 million should be more than enough. We are paying premium to get him NOW, not next season. Next season is too late.

If we sign him for next summer and 160 million€, it's just brutal deal for us. Terrible. Liverpool makes out like bandit.

Zuti

The only way I would sign him now for next season is if the price is 90mil tops. There might be better options next year, noone in their right mind should even consider overpaying a shitload now, only to get him next year. We need him NOW, so the 160mil should be a now or never deal.

Tepid water

But they made a statement not selling him and not much later he was sold. So Liverpool making a statement Coutinho is not for sale still doesn't mean it can't happen. If they sign Lemar i can see this happening. And Liverpool did good by selling Torres, he was on a decline and went in a crisis, this started to happen at Liverpool already and i don't think his situation would have been different if he stayed at Liverpool.
Worth noting that the statement released by them last month was definitive.

Torres was a very different situation. Due to owners loading debt onto the club, the club had early gone bankrupt three months before. Now, whilst they were no longer going bankrupt, there appear to have been real cash flow issues and a real issue meeting FFP. (All from the Swiss ramble on twitter who is excellent btw)

This is a club that is now cash rich and has no problems meeting FFP. Look at the Lemar deal. €80m paid over two years, €50m the first €30m the second.
Now if we look at our last offer for Countinho, €80m gaurenteee paid over five years, then that might suggest that one of the clubs is tight for money. It doesn't suggest it's Liverpool.

Just my thoughts anyway.

SeaDragon

WC is next year, no time to stay sad if he doesn't sign for Barça unless he wants to stay at the bench the whole season. Barto is at the mercy of the LFC, unless he pays big he will have to go for Plan C.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Good morning :coffee:

Nothing new this morning except odds on Coutinho coming to Barca went up to 1,7 now. So, they are not so sure as yesterday.

SimoSky

I still think that it's incredibile that Liverpool refuse to sell a player for 150-160 mln when this player want to go.

It's never happen and it will never happen again.

Raketa10

Catalan press is the worst of them all. MD is mentioning plan B for Coutinho 2 days before the deadline while we all know Dybala and Griezmann are not going anywhere. it's the rock bottom of journalism.

Regarding Lpool I honestly don't understand them, the player doesn't want to stay and Barcelona is offering 160 mil (which is more than ludicrous amount), you have to be really stubborn to keep refusing to sell. They will never get that amount of money again and Coutinho will remain unsatisfied for the entire season.

When is the last day of this transfer window? Catalan press are mentioning Friday but as far as I know it's on 31st, isn't it?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans