7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Tepid water

Catalan press is the worst of them all. MD is mentioning plan B for Coutinho 2 days before the deadline while we all know Dybala and Griezmann are not going anywhere. it's the rock bottom of journalism.

Regarding Lpool I honestly don't understand them, the player doesn't want to stay and Barcelona is offering 160 mil (which is more than ludicrous amount), you have to be really stubborn to keep refusing to sell. They will never get that amount of money again and Coutinho will remain unsatisfied for the entire season.

How did Barca react when Neymar said he wanted to go to PSG?

Would never get that offer for him again, wasn't happy....

You're therefore ok with him leaving?

SimoSky

Coutinho is not Neymar, is not Messi, is not Cristiano, is not Hazard.

I can understand Liverpool if Barcelona has offered 50-60-70 million for Coutinho. But with 160 million there is no reason why Liverpool refuse to sell.

Windhook

Catalan press is the worst of them all. MD is mentioning plan B for Coutinho 2 days before the deadline while we all know Dybala and Griezmann are not going anywhere. it's the rock bottom of journalism.

True. SPORT are huge fans of Angel Di Maria, when I'm 100% convinced there is absolute no interest by Barcelona in signing him. Who's next? Fabio Coentrao? The retired Xabi Alonso? Pepe? Players with no love for the club.

Tepid water

I can understand Liverpool if Barcelona has offered 50-60-70 million for Coutinho. But with 160 million there is no reason why Liverpool refuse to sell.

They don't want to/don't need the money?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
True. SPORT are huge fans of Angel Di Maria, when I'm 100% convinced there is absolute no interest by Barcelona in signing him. Who's next? Fabio Coentrao? The retired Xabi Alonso? Pepe? Players with no love for the club.

MD are fans of Bartomeu. And Bartomeu is feeling his chair rocking. Di Maria is Argentinian and would be a tool for Bartomeu to appease Messi (who is yet to sign a contract).

SimoSky

But if the player want to leave badly you MUST let him go..... IF you reach an offer like that (160 mln).

You can't force a player to stay despite his will.
It's against sports ethics.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned

Well the suggestion is that we are still wanting to pay for him over 5 years so €30 million a year ...

Raketa10

How did Barca react when Neymar said he wanted to go to PSG?

Would never get that offer for him again, wasn't happy....

You're therefore ok with him leaving?

I can like it or not but that's irrelevant. I would never force a player to stay if he want's to leave even more if the price is 160 mil! For me it's just stupid to keep unsatisfied player, if he stays he will probably lose motivation and perform much worse than last year and the price will drop.

IMHO selling him is the best solution for them right now, basically it's win win situation for both Barca and Liverpool and that's why I believe this will happen. I am not saying that because I am a Barca fan, I am saying that because it makes sense from the business side of the deal. I may be wrong but no one can assure me that unsatisfied player can be a great player for his team.

I don't know if you agree with me but I would rather have hugely motivated Lemar + 60 mil in cash than unmotivated Coutinho in my team.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

Do they need troubled and unsatisfied player and a "mark" of a Club that was not willing to sell the player who wanted to leave even for double of his worth? How will that affect future deals with players that will consider coming to LPool? Oh, wait, yes, I will go there where they don't care shit about my desires even when they get a shitload of money?

Interests of the Club are sometimes more than sending a message to Fans... we are great and don't sell cause we promise trophies. That is a realy nice fairytale. Reality will be something like: we want to sign new superstars but they don't want to come cause we don't care shit what they want at the moment we "capture" them

Tepid water

But if the player want to leave badly you MUST let him go..... IF you reach an offer like that (160 mln).

You can't force a player to stay despite his will.
It's against sports ethics.
so you were happy for Neymar to leave?

Seriously, this is a player that started a five year contract 7 weeks ago..... it's hardly like he's being held captive is it?

springfield

Robert clearly stated they will not sign Seri, but when asked about Di Maria he answered in a different way. So it seems they really have interest in signing him.

so you were happy for Neymar to leave?

Seriously, this is a player that started a five year contract 7 weeks ago..... it's hardly like he's being held captive is it?

7 weeks ago? It was signed in january.

Tepid water

Robert clearly stated they will not sign Seri, but when asked about Di Maria he answered in a different way. So it seems they really have interest in signing him.

7 weeks ago? It was signed in january.
Form the press, it seem clear that whilst it was signed in January, it began on the 1st July. (Probably 8 weeks now to be fair.)

Home of Barca Fans