7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

TidinhoM

He is a good signing for them. Pacey and decent on ball.

Young, English and versatile.

He is definitely not DECENT on ball. Have you seen arsenal play? Injured all the time and he is 24 years of age. Versatile? He can only play RB and that is pretty much it. Arsene played him as Winger CM and RB RWB. The thing is that does not mean he plays these positions well it just Wengers "tactical brilliance". He s like a bigger version of Walcott. Chelsea wanted him because they are actually running out of english players.

JamDav1982

He is definitely not DECENT on ball. Have you seen arsenal play? Injured all the time and he is 24 years of age. Versatile? He can only play RB and that is pretty much it. Arsene played him as Winger CM and RB RWB. The thing is that does not mean he plays these positions well it just Wengers "tactical brilliance". He s like a bigger version of Walcott. Chelsea wanted him because they are actually running out of english players.

Seen him play plenty and he is decent on the ball and will be a good option for Liverpool.

He is nothing like Walcott.

Chelsea wanted him as would add to squad.

Ritchie

Don't want to burn bridges with Liverpool. They are more likable than any other big club in England.

As a follower of both clubs I think what Liverpool are doing is trying to discourage clubs like Barca from seeing them as easy pickings in the future.

Barca never go for Man City, United or Chelsea players because those clubs won't sell. Levy at Spurs is also hard to deal with. Barca hover around Liverpool and Arsenal when it comes to the Prem.

It's getting to the stage now though where Barca can't afford to buy players from the Premier League. They can only afford Coutinho because of the one off with the Neymar money.

Ritchie

Players don't develop under Wenger though anymore and the young players they have stagnate.

My concern would be more the injuries.

TidinhoM

Seen him play plenty and he is decent on the ball and will be a good option for Liverpool.

He is nothing like Walcott.

Chelsea wanted him as would add to squad.

So would you play him as CM against top tier teams cause that s the position he wants to play now ?

Jenks

And Coutinho will teach the idiots at liverpool what it means to imprison an unhappy player.

He only wanted to leave because Barcelona came calling, not because he was unhappy at Liverpool. If he stays he'll play and this will be forgotten about until next summer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Apparently they still want to sign Lemar.

I'm thinking Liverpool is going to deliver us the killer blow this summer by signing Lemar and keeping Coutinho.

That should be the end of Robert and Pep Segura and hopefully, but also unlikely, Bartomeu too.

Ritchie

I think if Lallana wasn't injured Coutinho would have gone by now. It was bad timing for a transfer request the day lallana was ruled out for 4 months.

Now it probably hinges on Lemar as that gives Liverpool cover for Mane and Salah out wide (as well as Chamberlain) and they can play midfield.

Tiny Kim

And Coutinho will teach the idiots at liverpool what it means to imprison an unhappy player.

He can try, but I'm willing to bet that he's not going to like the outcome. Unlike Rodgers, Klopp is no pushover. He'll send Coutinho to the reserves or the U-23s. As I've said before, Liverpool are under no legal obligation to sell him to anyone this summer or even next one. Heck, they can let him rot for the rest of his contract. I'd very much like to see him throw a tantrum against Klopp and see where that gets him.

Home of Barca Fans