7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Messi

That effectively makes contracts useless, might as well just have rolling 6-months contracts for every player. Come to think of it, might actually not be such a bad idea, it would eliminate transfer sums which are going bananas ATM

This would just make the wages go bananas, as bigger wages would be the way to get just about anyone you want.

Raketa10

I can imagine those idiots (Farto, Robert and Seguera) sitting around the phone in the office doing absolutely nothing and waiting for a miracle to happen.

springfield

I can imagine those idiots (Farto, Robert and Seguera) sitting around the phone in the office doing absolutely nothing and waiting for a miracle to happen.

Pretty sure they are very stressy at the moment. They know people are not happy and want them out. Benedito will try to get the board out and start the motion of censure

DHorozov

But we wanted Neymar to GTFO as soon as real rumors started. Liverpool are clinging on hope that they make coutinho stay and love them again. It will be exact opposite, he will be resentfull as hell.

For me the only difference between the Neymar - PSG and Coutinho - Barca saga's is the existence of the release clause in the first case.

Most of us (the fans) wanted Neymar to GTFO as soon as we understood that he indeed wants to leave the club. However, I am pretty certain that if he had no release clause Barto and co would have rejected a 222 million offer from PSG. And the exact thing is happening to Liverpool right now - I think most of their fans would have preferred to cash in on Coutinho since he does not want to be in the club anymore and get Lemar + defender for this money (if Liverpool had accepted the bid earlier), but the board wants to prove that Liverpool is not a selling club anymore and will fight for titles.

Regarding Coutinho, he handed a transfer request, but he is not that stupid to push things further, with a World Cup coming next summer and his place eventually being in danger if he continues to whine. At the beginning things could be a bit awkward, but in a month or so Coutinho will again be giving everything for Liverpool on the pitch, exactly because of the World Cup coming and the fans will realize that they need him in order to be among the best, so their hate will slowly turn down as well.

And also if you look at the big picture, the board of Liverpool actually did what all Liverpool fans wanted for a long time - to show and prove that the club is not anymore selling their stars and is actually ambitious to fight for titles and be among the best. It is quite natural for most players (especially players from South America) to step in the moment when they understand that Barcelona wants them. However, if Liverpool do not show at least once that they are not going to be a club, in which the players are just making their next step before going to Barca/Real, this would have continued the same way it did in the recent years (and the fans would have whine again why they continue to be a selling club and not stand to keep their star players).

springfield

They didn't prove anything, we or PSG are going to sign him next year for less.

They did prove they won't sell a player just because of the money. But they have also proven that it doesn't matter how hard a player wants to leave, he can go fuck himself. This can have a negative effect on players.

Home of Barca Fans