7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

BBZ8800

I also don't understand this theory WHY should Liverpool let him for less the next season.

It will be again 140-150-160 or we won't sell.

Also, as some mentioned, prices will go up probably, so 150M from this summer will be 180 or 200M the next summer.

In the best case scenario, I can see him go for 130-140M next summer, or more likely 150-200M.

There is a zero chance that he will go for 80-90M the next summer with 4 years on his contract and prices going up.

Judoman

The only plan B, that makes sence is Lemar. I hope they don t do something stupid.

I doubt very much that Lpool wouldn t accept 160 mil bid. Thats app. 100 mil over
the actual value. It s funny, how this 100m+number sudenly became "normal".

oggmar

I just dont understand how Liverpool is not letting him leave when clearly he wants out, dont they fear he might become a problem?

Chainsaw

Killahead
I just dont understand how Liverpool is not letting him leave when clearly he wants out, dont they fear he might become a problem?

Maybe because Barca's offer was lower than what they wanted and they believe Coutinho should act like a pro and respect his contract and all that Liverpool has given to him when he comes back.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
They're trying to act like a big club. Thiough if they were so great then why'd he want to leave in the first place?

Also I know someone's going to bring up Neymar leaving barca. It's not comparable, Barcelona are clearly a bigger club than psg and the reason Neymar joined them was because it was a step down and he'd get to be the main man.

Raketa10

They're trying to act like a big club. Thiough if they were so great then why'd he want to leave in the first place?

Also I know someone's going to bring up Neymar leaving barca. It's not comparable, Barcelona are clearly a bigger club than psg and the reason Neymar joined them was because it was a step down and he'd get to be the main man.

A "big" club? 27 years have passed since they won PL for the last time. A big club my ass :lol:
They once were a big club but they clearly are not anymore. A big club doesn't need to force their players to stay.

springfield

I also don't understand this theory WHY should Liverpool let him for less the next season.

It will be again 140-150-160 or we won't sell.

Also, as some mentioned, prices will go up probably, so 150M from this summer will be 180 or 200M the next summer.

In the best case scenario, I can see him go for 130-140M next summer, or more likely 150-200M.

There is a zero chance that he will go for 80-90M the next summer with 4 years on his contract and prices going up.

Why? Only major signings made are by PSG for insane amounts. And Dembele because Dortmund knew Barcelona was in shit and took advantage of it. I still believe prices will be normal again next summer like before the neymar transfer. Monaco sold players for 65M etc, but now suddenly Lemar should cost 100M? It's not because Barcelona received 220M and PSG is injecting huge amount of Qatar money that all players will be expensive. No other teams can start to spend this insane amounts of 150M+, some can but then it would take their whole budget and will never do it.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

They probably think that Coutinho is not the type of person who would cause problems, Barca will be made a culprit here and everything will be swept under the rug.

Zuti

I see a lot of comments of Liverpool fans mentioning a realese clause that Coutinho obviously doesn't have in his contract,but according to them could have had, so they feel he has no right of sulking. Is this standard practice in the PL?, I understand there is a difference between release clause and buyout clause. If it's true that he could have insisted on a release clause ( something like if xy club approaches him for a certain amount, kind of clause) then it really is his own damn fault.

Mesimenia

A "big" club? 27 years have passed since they won PL for the last time. A big club my ass :lol:
They once were a big club but they clearly are not anymore. A big club doesn't need to force their players to stay.

If Barca is playing in PL they would have come through this type of barren spell. we play in 2 teams league (AM/ Valencia is challenge occasionally). so it's not so easy in PL. Moreover Celtic probably won tittles then Barca. it doesn't mean that Celtic is big club or Barca is small club.

BBZ8800

Why? Only major signings made are by PSG for insane amounts. And Dembele because Dortmund knew Barcelona was in shit and took advantage of it. I still believe prices will be normal again next summer like before the neymar transfer. Monaco sold players for 65M etc, but now suddenly Lemar should cost 100M? It's not because Barcelona received 220M and PSG is injecting huge amount of Qatar money that all players will be expensive. No other teams can start to spend this insane amounts of 150M+, some can but then it would take their whole budget and will never do it.

We'll see.
Morata and Lukaku were almost 100m without any relation to Barca, Psg and Neymar.

Van Dijk was 80-ish.
Liverpool and Arsenal were offering 80-90-100 for Lemar.

Epl teams will earn more and more in each new season.
Our expected earnings will reach 1b in the future.
Don't forget Psg.

Imo, all players will cost 100-150m in the future.

Chainsaw

Killahead

I agree. Barca should seriously work on their scouting system from now on in order not to get screwed again by what the likes of PSG are doing to the market.

michelco

Liverpool has one big leverage in keeping Coutinho despite him sulking and that is that its a WC year. If Coutinho keeps sulking he'll be in the stands for a year and his place in the Brazilian squad will be threathened, dont think it won't. That's why they're confident in keeping him even though he clearly wants out. This ofcourse makes the transfer difficult

Home of Barca Fans