7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Batistuta9

It's just that almost 20 teams in Europe are better at the moment :D

I've been impressed with them. I would say at the moment, only about 10 teams are better than them. Juventus, bayern, psg, us, real, and atletico are the only teams outside england that are better. I wouldn't like to see mane or salah coming up against pique.

JamDav1982

The celtic part is, the other parts aren't. The Spanish/German/French fixture list is far more accommodating to the top teams compared to the premier league, on top of this the games are more difficult so rotating squads is a lot more dangerous if you want to win the league and do well in the champions league, this isn't just premier league club fans saying this but every manager who experiences the premier league. The premier league definitely has had a dip in quality in the last 5 seasons, which coincided with the downfall of Man United.

Secondly, and I will get a lot of hate for this, the Spanish two (you and RM) have had ALOT of beneficial refereeing decisions over the years. I won't say corruption, but something is definitively and has definitely been wrong with the referees in the champions league for the last 15 years. They have now basically demoted the referee from your champ league semi final against PSG due to his decisions, this isn't the first instance a referee influenced a game like this for Spanish teams.

You may disagree with the above, but the fact the referee has officially been demoted will at least help you understand that something has been up in at least 1 of your champions league campaigns regarding biased officiating. Secondly, from a premier league club fan, its hugely frustrating watching two teams in world football buy all the best players, and then on top of this get additional help from referees to win games.

Edit: On top of this, if you wan't to see how hard the Premier League actually is, look how well Pep is doing while having one of the most expensive squads in the league, he smashed it at Barca and is failing in the league.

Your talking garbage about referees and Barca had as many big decisions go against them as for them.

There was an Arsenal tie a few years ago in which Messi goal wrongly chopped off for offside, Song made about 5/6 fouls on a booking and wasnt sent off and Messi had a stonewall penalty turned down.

Arsenal got RVP sent off wrongly and all that forgotten and ref is a cheat.

Go back and look at decisions that went against Barca when knocked out by Inter. Terrible decisions went Inters way...but again one sending off and the officials are cheating.

Offside goal scored by Man Utd in final.

Offisde goal v PSG in knockouts a few years ago.

Stonewall pens not given on Toure, Sanchez and Messi in big games.

Bet you conveniently remember none of those.

Your talking garbage about referees and Barca had as many big decisions go against them as for them.

There was an Arsenal tie a few years ago in which Messi goal wrongly chopped off for offside, Song made about 5/6 fouls on a booking and wasnt sent off and Messi had a stonewall penalty turned down.

Go back and look at decisions that went against Barca when knocked out by Inter. Terrible decisions went Inters way...but again one sending off and the officials are cheating.

Not to mention that we were robbed of the league title in 13/14 after Messi's goal was wrongly ruled offside.

Thiago10

Sooo, I'm guessing we're just going to have to accept we won't sign anyone today? Or maybe even hope we don't, since if we do, it'll probably be Parejo or Di Maria?

Batistuta9

We've definitely had more decisions against us, than for us. Its just that fans from other teams only see what went against them.

Gordo101

1. Read this: https://sport.news.am/eng/news/81368/ and I would say he has experience from both Spain and England or not?!

2. So refereeing is the reason RM an Barcelona won almost everything in last 10 years or why ATM reached 2 CL finals?? Dude seriously, Arsenal got slaughtered against Bayern! Tottenham can't go trough the group stage. So referees again??? :facepalm:

3. "two teams in world of football buy all the best players" PSG??? Juventus??? Heloooo??? MUN, City and Chelsea also spent disastrous amounts of money in the last couple of years so WTF are you talking about???

1. Read this: https://sport.news.am/eng/news/81368/ and I would say he has experience from both Spain and England or not?!
2. So refereeing is the reason RM an Barcelona won almost everything in last 10 years or why ATM reached 2 CL finals?? Dude seriously... :facepalm:
3. "two teams in world football buy all the best players" PSG??? Juventus??? Heloooo??? MUN, City and Chelsea spent disastrous amounts of money in last couple of years so WTF are you talking about???

1. Please read my post, I didn't say the Premier League was harder to win than La Liga, I said the fixtures are less accommodating.
1b. I would take anything that comes out of this man's mouth with a pinch of salt. Guardiola is beginning to look like a fraud in the UK, he inherited possibly the world's best ever team at Barca and since then, every team he has managed has regressed in quality. Tell me if I am wrong on that last part.
2. No, refereeing isn't the reason RM and Barcelona won most titles in the least 10 years, I even clearly stated you had the world's best players, again please re-read my post.
3. PSG were nothing until 18 months ago, Man United's best young player of the last decade was sold to Madrid, Juventus' best player in the last 20 years was sold to Madrid, the best player in south america was aggressively purchased by Barcelona. Every single european club has fed Barcelona/Madrid during the last 15 years. Trying to even attempt to say RM & Barcelona have not had a monopoly on footballing talent for the last 10 years is an out right lie, and you know it, why else do you think Barcelona have been so outraged PSG took Neymar from them? And why else do you think Spanish clubs have dominated the champ league like never before? Name the last time Real Madrid or Barcelona had a player aggressively purchased from them. The only premier league players who I think could walk into the RM starting 11 are David De Gea & Hazard. I don't even think Hazard would get in to your starting 11 five years ago.

Regarding how much money we spend in the Premiership - European clubs put a huge premium if they are selling to certain clubs, especially to Man United. It would not take much research to acknowledge that.

Secondly, judging by recent tax developments with Spain's major players, it isn't a stretch to say clubs have been encouraging illicit financial activity in order to make their destinations more lucrative. I actually have a suspicion Neymar got out of Spain partly because of the tax cases going on with Messi and Ronaldo.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

Yeah the referee robbing Barca of Bojan's goal vs Inter still doesn't make any sense at all. Just that alone would've put Barcelona through, and that was just one of several big decisions going Inter's way.

And in both CL finals against United the commentators quickly ignored the refereeing decisions in favour of Man U, maybe because we ended up winning, maybe due to PL bias.

Kohe321

Sooo, I'm guessing we're just going to have to accept we won't sign anyone today? Or maybe even hope we don't, since if we do, it'll probably be Parejo or Di Maria?

I'd be very worried if we can't land Coutinho, because as you say that would make it very likely that the board tries to sign someone like Parejo, Di Maria or Ozil in a panic move in order to save face. Neither of these would be good for us, and pretty much a complete waste of money short term and even more so long-term with the overly generous wages they would no doubt receive.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Juventus' best player in the last 20 years was sold to Madrid

Juventus' best player in the last 20 years is by far Buffon. Chiellini is probably the second best player. Del Piero is the biggest icon. The most expensive player they ever sold was sold to United.

Gordo101

Juventus' best player in the last 20 years is by far Buffon. Chiellini is probably the second best player. Del Piero is the biggest icon. The most expensive player they ever sold was sold to United.

Riiiiggghhht. You think Buffon would have a higher price tag than Zidane?

Oh, and judging by your logic, Maradona went to Barcelona for £5m in 1982. Is every player sold for more than £5m in the present day market better than Maradona?

Just to be clear, according to you, Peter Crouch is several times the player that Maradona ever was..... Oh and Coutinho is 2x as good as Ronaldo :worthy:

Last edited:

Sorin

The celtic part is, the other parts aren't. The Spanish/German/French fixture list is far more accommodating to the top teams compared to the premier league, on top of this the games are more difficult so rotating squads is a lot more dangerous if you want to win the league and do well in the champions league, this isn't just premier league club fans saying this but every manager who experiences the premier league. The premier league definitely has had a dip in quality in the last 5 seasons, which coincided with the downfall of Man United.

Secondly, and I will get a lot of hate for this, the Spanish two (you and RM) have had ALOT of beneficial refereeing decisions over the years. I won't say corruption, but something is definitively and has definitely been wrong with the referees in the champions league for the last 15 years. They have now basically demoted the referee from your champ league semi final against PSG due to his decisions, this isn't the first instance a referee influenced a game like this for Spanish teams.

You may disagree with the above, but the fact the referee has officially been demoted will at least help you understand that something has been up in at least 1 of your champions league campaigns regarding biased officiating. Secondly, from a premier league club fan, its hugely frustrating watching two teams in world football buy all the best players, and then on top of this get additional help from referees to win games.

Edit: On top of this, if you wan't to see how hard the Premier League actually is, look how well Pep is doing while having one of the most expensive squads in the league, he smashed it at Barca and is failing in the league.

What a load of rubbish. Of course you'll get a lot of hate for it because you talk shite.

I would make a bet with you that for every wrong call in our favour, I can bring you a call in the other direction. How about that? Let's see how we were the beneficiary of rigged referees.

So? How about backing up your claims with facts. It should be easy, no?

Paul

Zidane was 29 when he was sold, so it was a perfect transfer for :bartomeu:

Home of Barca Fans