7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Tepid water

The board have made mistakes but they know fucking that up would be the end of them. Even anti barca Guillem Balague thinks he will definitely sign

My rule thumb is this..... if they get down to one year of their contract left to go then they hardly ever sign...

Would be an enormous shame to see him go.... but similar fuck ups lead to Figo leaving and also Ronaldo leaving...
Messi shouldn't play elsewhere it would be scandalous..

Andrew M

My rule thumb is this..... if they get down to one year of their contract left to go then they hardly ever sign...

Would be an enormous shame to see him go.... but similar fuck ups lead to Figo leaving and also Ronaldo leaving...
Messi shouldn't play elsewhere it would be scandalous..

It's not like there is no agreement and they are still negotiating. It has been agreed by both parties

Devils

He's not going to sign when the vote of no confidence was just initiated yesterday. Having Barto sign Messi to a new contract would be the biggest political jackpot Bartomeu could hit while this motion gets underway.

I'm sure the last thing Messi would want to do is be used as a political tool to help Barto remain in power.

Tepid water

He's not going to sign when the vote of no confidence was just initiated yesterday. Having Barto sign Messi to a new contract would be the biggest political jackpot Bartomeu could hit while this motion gets underway.

I'm sure the last thing Messi would want to do is be used as a political tool to help Barto remain in power.
That's a very good point...

But.... the fact he hasnt signed it yet worries the hell out of me...... the fact that he has to think about it is a great concern...

Andrew M

Messi signing a new contract is not about politics. Honestly Messi doesn't strike me as the type of person to think about club politics. People on the forum talking about his holding off on signing to put pressure on Bartomeu is a bit far fetched if you ask me.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi signing a new contract is not about politics. Honestly Messi doesn't strike me as the type of person to think about club politics. People on the forum talking about his holding off on signing to put pressure on Bartomeu is a bit far fetched if you ask me.

Yet he's still to sign it.

He was supposed to sign in July and that month passed. Then August and that month passed too.

You only need 5 minutes to sign a piece of paper in front of the cameras.

Bartomeu even lied and said he had signed it. If it was up to the board, he would have signed it the day he returned to Barcelona for pre-season.

Messi is the one holding it off right now. Why? Only he knows, but he might have reservations about the direction the club is heading.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What if Messi wants to leave the club?

If someone like Messi want to leave and ends up leaving, then it's truly the end of an era for Barcelona and probably back into the darkness that surrounded the club years ago.

Will probably take a decade to rebuild the club again if we get the right people in.

From World domination in 2011 to this in 2018.

If that happens, I want to see Bartomeu, Cardoner, Rosell and everyone in the board and management to be stripped off their club membership and banned from anything related to Barcelona for lifetime. Disgraced forever.

I think Messi might hold off his signing to put pressure on the board and hopefully get them booted, but if he actually want to leave then it's just depressing and shows how far we have fallen under these people.

Mesimenia

if you see my post I told you and I am telling you again. the last bid we made was 90m in 5 years plus few impossible add ons. I told you that LFC won't sell and our board will fooled us by giving statement that's they have tried. they way they were fooled by Coutinho's agent to sign Paulinho. the final nail in the coffin will be if LFC shows all bid documents from Barca to public. it's pretty obvious that who actually lied to save their lives. think of a situation if LFC want high fee they could have tell earlier that Coutinho will go if we get 200m. if Barca pay, Coutinho will be Barca's if not he will stay. problem would have been solved long way back. Even Robert & Soler know it's a lie.

Last edited:

Mesimenia

That's just sad.
So this is what 27 years of failure does to you, It becomes an accomplishment forcing a player that clearly doesn't want to be with you, To eventually stay
And if you can't seem to comprehend how pathetic this is, Then you're just making my point.
Absolutely no ounce of dignity, That's something you can never see happen in barca, That's the difference between the culture of a big team like barca, And the culture of a small team like liverpool.

Thank god i'm a barca fan.

after Naymar debacle you have no write to say this.

Home of Barca Fans