7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

jamrock

Laporta was anything but a financial disaster, let's clear that up right now.

All those shit they said about him was proved to be a lie, in court, he left the club in a much better place financial than he found it, all without a shirt sponsor.

If memory serves me right, he increases the revenues of the club 3 folds during his time as president, every club or organization as debts, but the debts weren't as bad as they made it seems, said that at the time and the court case proved it to be right.

On all fronts the Joan laporta presidency was varying degrees of success.

Sporting & financial.

Don't not speak ill of the great Joan laporta.

Andrew M

We need to give credit where credit is due. These numbers you state, depicts great fiscal responsibility and truency, however on the sporting side we lack momentum, especially given the fact that our nearest rivals have won the CL twice in a row as the first team ever since the competition changed its format.

The issue with financial statements such as those mentioned, is that they are presented by a board who have been deceitful in a array of different situations. Obviously there is no need to jump the gun on the alleged self-interests from Bartomeu's side in doing business with Evergrande on the Paulinho-case, but it does seem odd to spend 40 mil. euros on a player that is pushing 30 and has spent the last 3 years in China (regardless of his NT form). The same board has shown time and again that they lack the necessary negotiating skills and ethical approaches that befits a club of Barcelona's size and stature.

Dortmund CEO Watzke recently stated 'Two weeks ago I viewed Barcelona as a great, respectful club in Europe. I don't know if that is still the case'.

We have been humiliated by PSG for yet another transfer window (Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Verratti) only for them to fuck us sideways by signing Neymar, in a move (with the proper board and management) that could have been avoided had the board considered just for a second, that Neymar does not play for the love of Blaugrana, but has other priorities. It is so fucking cringeworthy that the board was SURPRISED that Neymar would even leave, they honestly thought that he would stay out of love for the club. What a fucking joke of mismanagement. WE as fans are allowed the privilege to think that Neymar will stay due to loyalty of the club. A professional board does not have that luxury. They should have sensed the writings on the wall and set his fucking clause to 1.7 billion moon dollars, the same precautions Real Madrid took with every one of their key players.

The board let Asensio go to buy Douglas instead. We lost out on Dani Ceballos, Theo Hernandez as well. We spent more money buying shit players such as Gomes, Paco, Turan, etc. than Real Madrid did on their star-studded midfield of Kroos, Modric, Kovacic, Isco, Asensio, etc.

In light of all this bullshit time and time again from the cuntest of cunts Fartomeu and his hombres, talking shit about our players to the press (recently Pep Segura criticized Pique, a few years ago Javier Faus, the dickhead, had beef with Leo) and the constant lying in this modern day and age, where every story (including the recent one regarding Liverpools 200 mil. euro claim for Coutinho) has been debunked over and over.

They are fucking liars in every other aspect, what prohibits them from lying on a financial statement and cooking up numbers to over-inflate fiscal liquidity?

Laporta was a happy-go-lucky drunken lawyer, yes. He was financially a disaster, only surpassed by the likes of Gaspart and Michael Jackson, yes. But Laporta abso-fucking-lutely loves FC Barcelona, he gave us the best period of the clubs history. He gave us Dinho, Deco, Rijkaard, Pep. He gave us Unicef and Mas Que Un Club. He took over a club in shambles and left it as a record-breaking club in every sporting department. I care about our financial stability, obviously, since it is of great importance if we are to maintain our position as a top club in Europe. But we have been missing the magic, the sturring sensations at the Camp Nou whenever you saw one of our players do something unexptected. Barcelona left the whole footballing world in awe under Laporta, and the single most important person in the history of FC Barcelona, Johan Cruyff (RIP), was made honorary president and was a close contributor to both Pep and Joan.

Guess which board angered and distanced Cruyff from the club that he made? Guess who ended his status as Honorary President for the club? Guess who pushed Alves and Abidal out of the club in an unseemly matter? This fucking rat face shit-eating board.

We need Laporta. Benedito's Vote of No Confidence will hopefully see us come together again as the greatest club in the world, in the prime of the best player in the history of football.

Firstly I'd like to address the claims that Paulinho's signing was some sort of corruption. Bartomeu said that he was a request of the sports department. Now you don't have to believe him but the negotiations for Paulinho were very public in the end and it was clear Evergrande didn't want to sell which is why we paid the clause. There is no evidence that this was corruption and is merely a conspiracy theory as far as i'm concerned.

Watzke was just upset that his player was willing to go on strike to leave. He was speaking emotionally it seems to me.

Laporta did great things but he also had a degree of luck on his side. He wasn't the one that made Iniesta, Xavi and Messi great. Do people not remember 2006-07 and 2007-08? 2 dreadful seasons where we bought Henry just to cover up the problems. He also had to deal with a vote of no confidence like Bartomeu now. Sure he gave us Ronnie (Rosell if we are honest), Deco etc. But under this board we had Neymar and Suarez and plenty of titles and success.

And you can't take seriously the purported dissonance between players and board. Perez has upset Ronaldo loads of times and now people think Madrid has the Midas touch with everything. Ceballos also said some very poor things about dropping bombs on Barca and Athletic fans for booing the national anthem so i'm not sure i would want that cunt anyway.

People act like the current board never tried to give youth a chance. Munir, Sandro, Rafinha, Roberto, Samper all had chances under Lucho but unfortunately have not really been good enough to be starters. Producing top youth players is not a science. You can't perfect a formula and produce amazing players until the end of time. We got lucky with the recent generation. And that's fine. Maybe once every 5 years a player will be produced who can be a long term starter. That is normal unfortunately.

I agree the team needs some midfield rejuvenation post Xavi-Iniesta but that doesn't change the fact that our club is financially very healthy. There are too many doom mongers posts right now. Being a pessimist and an alarmist doesn't make you clever.

Julien

Since both could be lying.
I'll take the word of those who came out publicly in a press conference, Than those who pass their 'denial' behind the curtains to their journalists puppets to spread on Twitter.
If Liverpool want to be credible, Then I'd like it to come directly from a top official at Liverpool, not from their minions, While they hide in the background.
So far only our board was proven to be liars like when Segura claimed the club was about to make two signings.

And to add fuel to the fire, PSG sources claimed last night before negociations failed that PSG asked for 50m for Di Maria:

[tw]903714000541769730[/tw]

And french medias claimed the highest bid we did on Di Maria was 40+5.

Today Soler claimed PSG asked for 80m.

Just my opinion, but I think the liars are Robert, and Soler.

Tepid water

That's a different question, though. Obviously Barca gains more by it being public but doesn't mean it isn't true.
Although, the board have lied through their teeth all summer, and suddenly we believe them now?

If you genuinely believe that then that's staggering

Liverpool have denied Barcelona's claim that they wanted 200m euros (£183m) for playmaker Philippe Coutinho.

Barcelona director Albert Soler said the Reds put that valuation on the Brazilian on the final day of the Spanish transfer window on Friday.

Liverpool turned down three offers from the Spanish side for Coutinho, who had made a transfer request, and maintain the 25-year-old was not for sale.

The Anfield club regard Barcelona's claim as "absolutely false".

"Liverpool were asking for 200m and logically we didn't accept that," said Soler at a news conference on Saturday.

"We thank the player for the efforts he made, because he did make a big effort and showed he wanted to play for us.

"The situation ended as it ended and there is nothing else we can do."

Barcelona wanted Coutinho after selling his Brazil team-mate Neymar to Paris St-Germain for a world record fee of £200m.

Liverpool said Coutinho was not for sale and rejected bids of £72m, £90m and one in the region of £114m prior to the deadline in Spain, which closed a day later than in England.
From the BBC

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Those who believe there was a €200m price asked....

Ask yourself...

Who stands to gain most by that becoming public..

I could argue it is Liverpool. They could turn this around and say "Barca was annoyingly persistent with their pursuit of Coutinho so we finally gave Barca an extremely high price of 200m, knowing they could not afford it and they would not play ball. This is what we did to shut them up once and for good. Coutinho is simply not for sale, we told you so"

Tepid water

Yes, it's just Liverpool's word against Barca's. So we're free to believe who we wish.

Good grief.....

I tell you this, the board have lied at every point in this process, why would you believe anything they say?

Messi's contract? Are you confident that will be signed??

kilian

Good grief.....

I tell you this, the board have lied at every point in this process, why would you believe anything they say?

Your manager or whoever lied to the public during this whole process about Coutinho being injured. Wtf are you talking about?
And don`t get me started on the shit you did with 11-year olds or tapping Southampton`s players for years.

I know that our board are a bunch of cunts and I like Liverpool, but this "holier than thou" attitude is pathetic and irritating. Your board does shitty stuff like everybody else.

Home of Barca Fans