7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Centauri B

160m for coutinho, 150 for dembele, so its 310 m for 2 players, great job bartomeu, every fan is proud of you what barca become, bring on levante

Real madrid galacticos who?

Not every performance-related add-on will be be paid. So it will be less than 310m. Don't forget that we also received 222m for Neymar. The net spend in this case will probably be less than 80m, which is well within our means.

Barca exist so that they can be the best in the world, not a cult favorite. If it's the latter you are after, you can always support, Bilbao, Rayo Vallecano, PAOK Salonika, St. Pauli or Nottingham Forrest.

henias

They don't really get trashed by us often on their ground. I remember a lot of very narrow wins and draws in recent years. 1-1, 0-0, 0-1, 0-2 games. And they just beat Atletico 1-0 2 weeks ago. It's a tough game.

Theres only one draw, two 2-0 games, 1-0 was in 2013/14 and the rest especially recent matches, they got absolutely hammered. I dont know how u can conclude they are tough just by one draw. It will be easy, just watch. The hype always ended in a one sided affair.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The market will only get crazier, good to get these two fairly young talents now

Also coutinho is already well developed and only 25

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Signing those players on the brink I'm there early 20's would be best but I don't trust these guys to do that, so it is what it is really

Why not buy a ready made world class player, Barcelona has the prestige to do that while other teams must catch them early. It is more risky to buy younger more unproven quantities, it can pay off very well or set you back.

Jombi

Not every performance-related add-on will be be paid. So it will be less than 310m. Don't forget that we also received 222m for Neymar. The net spend in this case will probably be less than 80m, which is well within our means.

Barca exist so that they can be the best in the world, not a cult favorite. If it's the latter you are after, you can always support, Bilbao, Rayo Vallecano, PAOK Salonika, St. Pauli or Nottingham Forrest.

They are not really performance related add-ons. They are "work around the FFP rules" add-ons. They are added so that we can count the transfer fee over several years to comply with FFP rules. They will be paid almost certainly. They are easy add-ons.

JamDav1982

They are not really performance related add-ons. They are "work around the FFP rules" add-ons. They are added so that we can count the transfer fee over several years to comply with FFP rules. They will be paid almost certainly. They are easy add-ons.

This is what I told you about Dembele fee last summer when you were going on about it being to hide his real fee.

jamrock

Why not buy a ready made world class player, Barcelona has the prestige to do that while other teams must catch them early. It is more risky to buy younger more unproven quantities, it can pay off very well or set you back.

Yeah we do but with this market you can't have a XI it players you buy where they are world class, hypothetical speaking of course (jamdav) because that would cost literally billions, it's funny just saying it lol.

You need a few players you catch before anyone else, and you then insert a few 100m player around them

giorgoXXI

From the 160m, apparently Coutinho paid 10m from his pocket.

Also, in terms of budget, Barcelona for now has saved the 40m Neymar renewal bonus.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Yeah we do but with this market you can't have a XI it players you buy where they are world class, hypothetical speaking of course (jamdav) because that would cost literally billions, it's funny just saying it lol.

You need a few players you catch before anyone else, and you then insert a few 100m player around them

Barca have done that as well as big money signings.

No one is saying every signings needs to be big money but if you lose a player for 222m and are a rich club you go out and make a statement and club have done the right thing.

There is a world of difference in PSG fees and these fees from Barca.

jamrock

Jesus Christ jamdav stop replying to my messages especially if you will continue to day dumbass obvious shit like we had to sign a top player because we lost neymar and got money, no fucking shit sherlock

Ripsta

Iniesta is probably a top 5 midfielder in history together with Xavi. Maybe top 10. So I think we need to leave him out of this discussion. Even suggesting that Coutinho can be his successor is bound to create too high expectations.

IMO together they're probably the best midfield duo ever, individually though I wouldn't have Iniesta's anywhere near the top five. He's gained a mythical level of genius like Scholes did since he retired.

At his best he was fabulous and saved his best for the big games, but I think his limitations have been exposed since Xavi left. To me he's bit like Drogba (different positions aside). Reknown for rising for the big occassion for Chelsea, but his scoring record isn't good enough to be classed as a top 10 striker of all time.

Blaugranaa

IMO together they're probably the best midfield duo ever, individually though I wouldn't have Iniesta's anywhere near the top five. He's gained a mythical level of genius like Scholes did since he retired.

At his best he was fabulous and saved his best for the big games, but I think his limitations have been exposed since Xavi left. To me he's bit like Drogba (different positions aside). Reknown for rising for the big occassion for Chelsea, but his scoring record isn't good enough to be classed as a top 10 striker of all time.
Iniesta's job has never been to score goals. And despite this fact he has scored very important goals throughout his career.

kattanib

Busquests and Iniesta stabilizing the midfield .. With Coutinho attacking and Roberto (as a RB) acting as a rcm when needed. Poetic.

Home of Barca Fans