7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

serghei

Needs to pick his times better when to force a dribble and when to release it faster. He is taking chances with dribbles in areas where taking that risk is not the best thing. Part of being a world class midfielder is exactly this judgment call. When is it safe enough to try a dribble and when to recycle possession and wait for better opportunities.

Don't think he is at his best level from a fitness perspective. Needs to get in a better rythm. He'll probably play almost each game for the next month in the league at LCM now with Iniesta's injury.

Danic

Where should his rythm come from? Starting only every 2nd game and constantly changing position.
On top. Did he ever play that wide in a 4-4-2 at Liverpool? I doubt.
I think he struggles with the system, like iniesta also has his problems with it.

fergus90

He was decent, had good moments here and there. I'll reserve proper judgment until he's had time to settle in properly.

khaled_a_d

Good overall game, but still leave a lot to be desired
Want to see him releasing the ball faster, improve his defense and some through passes. But his dribbling,ball control and short passing are all great

xXKonan

Why does he play him on the right?
Iniesta is Valverde's first choice LCM in this system and while sure playing him on the right is limiting him, he's still plays far better there than the likes of Gomes,Vidal and Paulinho by a country mile.

He will get a run of games on the left since Iniesta is out.

Jombi

The guy is a very attacking player. He should play with 3 other midfielders. We cant risk him turning into another Cesc. So-called proven world class player in a totally different system than the Barca style.

Truthist

At some point we have to tweak our system to accommodate class players rather than fitting square pegs in round holes.

He needs that freedom to perform just like he was given at Liverpool.

Nothanks

The guy is a very attacking player. He should play with 3 other midfielders. We cant risk him turning into another Cesc. So-called proven world class player in a totally different system than the Barca style.
well today he played with rakitic, busquets, and iniesta

i agree though when he plays with dembele it seems problematic taking a midfield out for a winger

aaron101

He plays like a winger. Every time he gets the ball, he dribbles forward to the goal and leave so much space behind. We'll get hit with counters if he continues to do that instead of staying in his midfield position.

M

MessiCam

He plays like a winger. Every time he gets the ball, he dribbles forward to the goal and leave so much space behind. We'll get hit with counters if he continues to do that instead of staying in his midfield position.

He is not a CM though. Just because a player can play in a certain position doesn't mean it's a good idea to play him there. The more you see him play the more you realise he should play as part of a front 3.

Home of Barca Fans