7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Liverpool won't sell at any price, I would still want to go for Seri, Mbappe and Dembele :thinking:

gregorrin10

To be honest, i would actually like it if we don't get him. Even though he could be a great replacement for either INiesta or Neymar, but i'm not sure about his quality, not for 100M+ at least. Perfect would be to get, mosti mportantly, Dembele (perfect player, young able to play both wings, a future superstar in the making). And then get someone like Eriksen for midfield, he looks like a better choice for me at least, to play in Iniesta's position, and he's not that injury prone and able to disappear in the most important matches, like Coutinho can.

I would try and get Dybala too, even though 222M wouldn't cover all three. Maybe get Dybala in 2 years then, after Suarez will start to really fade. Dybala and Dembele are the perfect players for our attack...both young and we'd instantly have an heir to both Messi and Suarez.

jairzinho

To be honest, i would actually like it if we don't get him. Even though he could be a great replacement for either INiesta or Neymar, but i'm not sure about his quality, not for 100M+ at least. Perfect would be to get, mosti mportantly, Dembele (perfect player, young able to play both wings, a future superstar in the making). And then get someone like Eriksen for midfield, he looks like a better choice for me at least, to play in Iniesta's position, and he's not that injury prone and able to disappear in the most important matches, like Coutinho can.

I would try and get Dybala too, even though 222M wouldn't cover all three. Maybe get Dybala in 2 years then, after Suarez will start to really fade. Dybala and Dembele are the perfect players for our attack...both young and we'd instantly have an heir to both Messi and Suarez.

So how do you plan on fitting Dembele, Messi, Suarez in the same lineup. Seriously , let's be logical here. Dembele is the perfect replacement for the LW. If we can get him, we still need one or two other midfielders.

blaugrana1987

He would cost 150-200M now, tbh. Is he worth that?
150? No, but in this situation he surely is. Lets not end up like Man Utd when they sold Ronaldo.

Keeping money would mean next year, after WC everyone will cost another 20% more. They forced our hand. We buy Dembele and Couthino and we dominate everyone.

gregorrin10

So how do you plan on fitting Dembele, Messi, Suarez in the same lineup. Seriously , let's be logical here. Dembele is the perfect replacement for the LW. If we can get him, we still need one or two other midfielders.

We could (or in this case really should've) change the formation into 4-2-3-1. Unpopular formation maybe, but just imagine this lineup:

Busquets (Samper) - Rakitič (Sergi Roberto)

Dybala (Deulofeu) - Messi (Alena) - Dembele (Denis Suarez)

Suarez (Paco/Munir)

This is stuff dreams are made of...not to mention we'd have great backups for practically every position, and mostly all of them are home grown La Masia boys. This is the purest vision like we had under Pep. Only buy players, who are world class and immediately ready to take the starting spot, while the bench and rotation spots are filled with home players, ready to jump in anytime and maybe even challenge the starting lineup players once in a while.

But unfortunately this won't happen, but i still wouldn't take Coutinho for 100M+ to being Iniesta's heir on LCM. Too much of a risk for me, with the inconsistency and even more so the injuries.

And i say it again, Dembele is the priority in ANY CASE, for being Neymar's replacement.

DonAK

Make it Mbappe instead of Dybala and it'll be sexy.

That Mbappe and Dembele pace + technical ability will blow teams away.

gregorrin10

Make it Mbappe instead of Dybala and it'll be sexy.

That Mbappe and Dembele pace + technical ability will blow teams away.

Dybala is still my favourite out of the two. Love to watch him play. Plus, Mbappe seems destined for Madrid sooner than later. Dembele - Mbappe = Messi - CR #2 incoming in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...years.

DonAK

Dybala is still my favourite out of the two. Love to watch him play. Plus, Mbappe seems destined for Madrid sooner than later. Dembele - Mbappe = Messi - CR #2 incoming in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...years.

How nice wouldn't it be to have both on the same team then :lol:

I don't know, the time to strike now. Next year Madrid are getting him, but right now if we go with a 4-2-3-1, there is a starting spot for him at LW, Dembele at RW and both are supposedly close friends....

gregorrin10

How nice wouldn't it be to have both on the same team then :lol:

I don't know, the time to strike now. Next year Madrid are getting him, but right now if we go with a 4-2-3-1, there is a starting spot for him at LW, Dembele at RW and both are supposedly close friends....

It would be nice to get one on Madrid like that, of course it would be. But if Monaco really do expect 150M for Mbappe, i doubt we can afford both him and Dembele, even with 222M. We'd have to sell Rafinha for 30M and maybe someone else too then. Not saying i wouldn't like it, infact i would love it. Just saying this might be one too many in terms of expectations. :blush:

With Mbappe reportedly preffering Madrid, and of course the Zidane factor. While Dembele and Dybala both want to play for Barca one day, they said so themselves. There was even talk a while back how Dybala might have a special Barca clause in his contract, that would allow us to get him for 110M or something. While for Dembele we must not be clever and think we can get him under the price like we do with most of our transfer targets these days. Just gotta jump right in there, offer 90M with the first offer already, and don't say Dortmund (still a selling club) won't accept it, especially when they have players like Mor and Pulisić to replace him with at the end of the day!

Last edited:

DonAK

It would be nice to get one on Madrid like that, of course it would be. But if Monaco really do expect 150M for Mbappe, i doubt we can afford both him and Dembele, even with 222M. We'd have to sell Rafinha for 30M and maybe someone else too then. Not saying i wouldn't like it, infact i woulkd love it. Justy saying this might be over the top in terms of expectations. :blush:

Yeah, that's too much.

90m + 60m in Balon D Or bonus would be better :p

Home of Barca Fans