7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

EdmondDantes

I felt sorry for him and Sterling yesterday, although the latter has been poor in the last few games. Gerrard really should not have played. Rodgers has wasted tons and tons of money with his signings. These two lads deserve to be playing alongside far better players than what they've currently got.

But when the manager pays over £25 million for a fragile, ball-hogging snail like Lallana, when the likes of Fabregas and Sanchez cost just about the same.. You have no hope. Players like Firmino, griezmann, konoplyanka, etc were all available for less as well...

Rodgers in the transfer market is a complete disaster. Oh boy does he love him some bottom of the barrel, below par mid-table players for huge fees...I know they have a transfer committee in place but the ones he can get his way with are nigh on diabolically bad.

Jombi

Nowhere near good enough to play for us. Cesc is a far better player and shows it every week in that league. The amount of time and space these players get in that league is just ridiculous.

CuleLife4Life

Nowhere near good enough to play for us. Cesc is a far better player and shows it every week in that league. The amount of time and space these players get in that league is just ridiculous.

Dude Cesc has been awol for the entire 2015 barring the game where he scored a game winner a few weeks ago. Obviously Cesc is the better play with 6 years more experience than Coutinho but I wouldn't compare the two.

Bran the Greenseer

Creativity wise coutinho might be the best youngster right now. He does the craziest things sometimes but they fail alot cause his teammates can't keep up with his thinking. I think he'd be good here if he improved some more. Give him 1-2 years so we can see if Halilovic/Suarez fit before we go spending again.

BrazilFan

I'm a fan of his and I think him being selected in the team of the year was wrong. He has done very well since the turn of the new year but was he one of the best 11 players in the EPL this season? I don't think so.

JamDav1982

The Sky panel today didnt even think he deserved to be in it.

Even Jamie Carragher said he should never be ahead of Fabregas and they had a good chuckle about tactical voting as if it was reason he got in.

EdmondDantes

Goal and assist for him today. Takes him to 8 goals and 6 assists overall (5 gs/ 5 as in the league). Not bad stats but his games revolves a lot more than that, and as I keep saying, he's been great for Liverpool since October. Liverpool's best player by far.

Jombi

Granit Xhaka from Monchengladbach is definitely more suited for us than this guy. Lets hope we dodge this bullet and go for Xhaka instead as a replacement for Xavi.

DrPepper

Granit Xhaka from Monchengladbach is definitely more suited for us than this guy. Lets hope we dodge this bullet and go for Xhaka instead as a replacement for Xavi.

lol no. Coutinho was never considered to be a replacement for Xavi anyway.

XaviMessiGirl

Coutinho isn't even the same type of player as Xavi, so why would he be a Xavi replacement? He plays much more of an attacking role.

Home of Barca Fans