8 - Pedri

ajnotkeith

Easy to forget he is 18 and has the body of a child. Yes some players peak early but he clearly at such a young age can still improve mentally and physically

Horatio

You're welcome
Easy to forget he is 18 and has the body of a child. Yes some players peak early but he clearly at such a young age can still improve mentally and physically

Not easy to forget. Guy is skinny af. Would think he suffered from an illness if I hadn't known better.

vegitot

I think that he will end closer to Isco than Iniesta.

Further, the same as how we often say: players like Coutinho or Ozil don't have a clear position in a modern football, I still don't understand what is Pedri's position?

1. he is slow, never shoots, has bad attacking instincts for an "8"
2. for a Xavi's type of a CM, he doesn't move enough of the ball, he is involved too little (even Arthur was a more suitable Xavi than him), he is slow and he is not a stamina merchant needed for a current era, plus his defending is questionable
3. a pivot: too weak, slow, questionable defensively, doesn't have robotic stamina

He is currently overrated because as a 18 years old, he played for Barca, yet we only had 3 capable midfielders.
Cou was injured, Puig sucks, Pjanic is retired.
He played in a team without midfielders.
And then for Spain, he was a starter for Spain, for Lucho, who is some sort of a hidden Catalonian agent, who has a weird agenda against Madrid, hasn't called a single player from RM, plays with a NT consisted of Barcelona B, and plays Eric, Busquets and Pedri as starters.
On top of everything, Spain dominated a lot but in the end had 1 win over 90 minutes in the hole tournament.

I really don't want to hate on Pedri (unlike Riki, for example) cause he is a nice player.
But he is overrated massively lately.
1. he doesn't have a clear position
2. and he possesses some of those famouse "deadly traits" like horrible attacking DNA, weakish stamina, weakish defending, which makes him somewhat good for all position, but not a master for any of positions.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

And people already act as if we should build a midfield around him and Frenkie.
But AGAIN, how?
What is Frenkie's position and what is Pedri's position?

Homestly NONE of them has a clear position in 433.
Frenkie is okish as a CM, but far from perfect.
Pedri is good at all positions, but not perfect on any of them.
And considering his deadly attacking, defending and physical flaws, it is extremely hadr to expect that he will turn into something like new Iniesta.

For the end, I think that a user Vegitot mentioned Iniesta and number of shooting sequences.
This is Iniesta's debut, how many shooting sequences he created in that match?
Also, look at Iniesta's attacking instincts. Even though he was miles from being a killer and a scorer, he possessed some basic instincts to open, run, shoot, make himself available in the box for scoring.
When Pedri is in similar positions, he makes a pass and then STOPS (he is not following the action anymore in terms of making himself available for scoring later in that action). He often acts as the action ended for him once when he made the pass:

Man your post is 90% wrong.

You said Ozil or Coutinho has no position??? Wrong. They are all no 10 role. Just because in modern game or for top clubs, that role is very limited.

Position is more about tactic and coaching. Pedri once said he prefers to play behind forward so he can pass and attack more but has no problem to play any role in midfield.

Funny that you compare Arthur to Pedri. Arthur can not run and move for 45 minutes, compare to Pedri who plays 73 games in one season lol.

Also, he is a starter for Spain over Thiago, Fabian Luiz... Well, i'm not surprised if he is also a starter under other top clubs. You say Lucho has something against Madrid, i believe when he first coached Spain, only Busquest was Barca player was on Spain's squad.

I bring some stats about shoot creating chance or any offensive stats to justify the fact he isn't invisible when it comes to attacking like some think.

Iniesta is always magical midfielder. Pedri now is a sensational midfielder, different than himself in beginning.

vegitot

Who is comparing him to the worlds best though?

Cant just make that up and then say he is over rated because of it surely.

Still has a lot to learn and for me he would be infiitely more effective with better than Busi behind him and a forward line with pace that can allow him options on ball and to take ball in final third.

He played with same Busquest but different partner named Koke. Different coach and tactic as well. So it is not Busquest.

JamDav1982

He played with same Busquest but different partner named Koke. Different coach and tactic as well. So it is not Busquest.

Every team in Euros sat off Spain and allowed likes of Busquets acres of room on the ball.

Teams are not doing that against Barca and Busquets is failing massively at taking ball from defence into midfield as he is just to slow and aware of his own limitations in trying to beat that press. Last game if he was not hiding he was doing a very good impression of it due to his lack of mobility.

One of few teams that pressed Spain high up park was Croatia in last part of their game as had to when behind... Busquets couldnt handle it. They scored twice and he was taken off soon after.

Cant compare Busquets for Spain in summer and for Barca at all. He is facing different issues.

Last edited:

ebc_99

Not easy to forget. Guy is skinny af. Would think he suffered from an illness if I hadn't known better.

He has a perfectly normal physique for an 18 year old man, not the body of a child nor is he skinny af and his physique allows him to play so many games as he is not carrying around so much weight. His physique is not a problem for a player in his position.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Pedri is a beast at stealing the ball though and covers so much ground. Can run all game long too. Basically a workhorse in BBZ's terms. He should like him

Messi983

Basically a workhorse in BBZ's terms. He should like him

He's a choirboy workhorse not a thug workhorse though.

61253a26ef360.r_d.1122-638-4629.jpeg

jamrock

Bayern are gonna dominate the world soon due to there improved physical conditioning, they have incooperated, NFL/NBA style training with there team, everyone is explosive & build like a beast, while we have a bunch of 12 year old looking players.

vegitot

Every team in Euros sat off Spain and allowed likes of Busquets acres of room on the ball.

Teams are not doing that against Barca and Busquets is failing massively at taking ball from defence into midfield as he is just to slow and aware of his own limitations in trying to beat that press. Last game if he was not hiding he was doing a very good impression of it due to his lack of mobility.

One of few teams that pressed Spain high up park was Croatia in last part of their game as had to when behind... Busquets couldnt handle it. They scored twice and he was taken off soon after.

Cant compare Busquets for Spain in summer and for Barca at all. He is facing different issues.

That's why i name Koke as one of difference to Spain. Of course Lucho uses his players differently as well.

Busquest had no problem vs Croatia. He struggled a bit but was brillant, man of the match (although i think Pedri plaued better).

Home of Barca Fans