8 - Pedri

BusiTheKing

Didn't see the game today.

He had some really nice bits here and there against Napoli but still couldn't get past his lack of eagerness to attack the spaces in front of him.

You can cover half a marathon in 90 minutes but if you don't get above a certain level of haste in your runs, you're never going anywhere interesting. Either conserve your energy, or dispense it with the intensity required for meaningful movement.

vegitot

The move where he dribbled 2 Valencia players without moving an inch *chef's kiss*

ZzVcx5t.gif

Plus
85LjmN8.gif

Same energy
snLFEaz.gif

Iniesta Ultra

I see a lot of potential in him but let's be real about his shot today, it was going directly to the GK without Auba's backer. I wonder why he doesn't have more confidence yet because that's probably his biggest limiting factor. Imagine him with Gavi's fearlessness or Puig's freedom.

Iniesta Ultra

Very unfortunate that his passes doesn't result in goal, when is that going to start to happen?
He keeps open up defenses with these through balls and the ones that receives them just keep squandering them.

He's playing behind the Torres project rn and last season he had Depay in front of him, hard to show off assisting ability with them.

vegitot

To be fair last season his alternative was Puig and now we have Gavi, who's also a 10/10 talent.

Puig is a bum while Koeman didn't rate Pjanic. So his only sub was Moriba.

With Gavi and Nico thing is easier.

He has played every games since his return though.

Porque

His body movement is certainly more fluid with Xavi. That much seems obvious. Last season he would receive the ball and kind of be static in that pose and look for a solution from it- be it a pass, dribble or back flick [to Messi of course].

KingLeo10

I miss the days of going into a game with prime Xavi and Iniesta, knowing that no matter which midfield the opponent served up in whichever stadium, the midfield battle WAS ALREADY WON AND DUSTED.

Can't remember a single time (big game, not some random CDR) where we were outplayed in the midfield in the 08-12 era.

Let's hope Gavi, Pedri, Nico, and FDJ give us 50% of that (would be enough to win a CL TBH).

Home of Barca Fans