8 - Pedri

Birdy

A joy to watch!
Our best midfielder by far...

He and Gavi can complement each other well: Pedri is the brain, the tempo controller, and the finesse/elegance
Gavi is the aggressor, the constant pressing machine, and the ball-winner

Zidane82

A joy to watch!

He and Gavi can complement each other well: Pedri is the brain, the tempo controller, and the finesse/elegance

Plus both have a sublime first touch and great vision

Andresito

Staff member
A joy to watch!

Tbf Pedri tracks back well, always running at full speed to recover balls. We need that humility in midfield. Iniesta covered a lot of ground as well, despite being the most offensive of the midfielders.

Jakabor

I miss the days of going into a game with prime Xavi and Iniesta, knowing that no matter which midfield the opponent served up in whichever stadium, the midfield battle WAS ALREADY WON AND DUSTED.

Can't remember a single time (big game, not some random CDR) where we were outplayed in the midfield in the 08-12 era.

Let's hope Gavi, Pedri, Nico, and FDJ give us 50% of that (would be enough to win a CL TBH).

I do.

Round of 16 on February 16, 2011.

Jack Wilshere ran that midfield vs Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets.

serghei

His body movement is certainly more fluid with Xavi. That much seems obvious. Last season he would receive the ball and kind of be static in that pose and look for a solution from it- be it a pass, dribble or back flick [to Messi of course].

I agree. Tbh, Pedri is most similar player to Xavi and Iniesta from our whole squad. Gavi is somewhat different.

And Xavi is here only for some months. In time, I expect them to get better and better, and while matching ATG status of Xavi and Iniesta is very unlikely, hopefully, we will have a world-class midfield in a few years.

It's up to the board to make sure that the midfield is not surrounded by disaster defenders and old attackers that other teams try to loan out.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Lol JAck wilshre didnt run shit. He showed some fight which got him a little bit of hype and he lived off that ever since.

Nonsense...

Xavi #

That performance will live long in my memory .He played a fantastic game against us - Let's not forget he was just 20 or 21 years old. It's just a shame he got injured so many times over the past two years," the Spaniard told Sport.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I miss the days of going into a game with prime Xavi and Iniesta, knowing that no matter which midfield the opponent served up in whichever stadium, the midfield battle WAS ALREADY WON AND DUSTED.

Can't remember a single time (big game, not some random CDR) where we were outplayed in the midfield in the 08-12 era.

Let's hope Gavi, Pedri, Nico, and FDJ give us 50% of that (would be enough to win a CL TBH).

you can't lose the midfield with prime xavi and iniesta. modric between 2014-2018 was also impressive but not on their level. pep said once 'to win a match you need to win the midfield'.

Iniesta Ultra

you can't lose the midfield with prime xavi and iniesta. modric between 2014-2018 was also impressive but not on their level. pep said once 'to win a match you need to win the midfield'.

Silva, Gundogan, DB aren't a "secure" midfield yet they're the best trio in the world right now yeah I know Rodri usually in their DM spot. Possession ball Xavi should learn from Pep.

Home of Barca Fans