8 - Pedri

iniestaGOAT

Silva, Gundogan, DB aren't a "secure" midfield yet they're the best trio in the world right now yeah I know Rodri usually in their DM spot. Possession ball Xavi should learn from Pep.

Xavi should learn nothing from pep.

City putting people to sleep where as Xavi's last 5 games have been better entertainment than watching departed for the first time

Zidane82

Xavi should learn nothing from pep.

City putting people to sleep where as Xavi's last 5 games have been better entertainment than watching departed for the first time

I would agree ..

I find City boring and predictable.

They almost play like painting by numbers

Iniesta Ultra

Of course City's boring, pointing out Silva and Gundogan aren't fast and physical yet control mid to keep City dominating. DB's not a workhorse like Gavi nor Nico either.

mc_lovin

He will be one of the very best passers in the world if he isn't already. His weight, timing and ability to delay passes is sensational.

One for his career highlight reel today.

Devils

I keep having to remind myself that this guy isn't a La Masia player who plays like a 30 year old prime world class midfielder from La Masia who has been there since they were 8 years old.

JohnN

How many great through balls does this guy attempt each game? He is adding things to his portfolio all the time.

Porque

Attempted some incredible through balls that almost come off. Each one he had a much simpler quick pass to the right to Adama which would have been more effective. Shieet, I don't really want to say this but I have to, Puig would have taken those options.

But I guess we were at a scoreline where he could risk the hollywood pass.

Has to be careful not to lean too much into being a De La Pena, although I am sure Xavi will be perfect for him learning the percentages.

Good game, but I had him a fair bit behind Busquets and then FdJ who both had superb games in midfield.

JamDav1982

Every top player that opens up teams has an easier pass on but they dont take it as they need to take those risks to open up game.

Napoli knowing Pedri has that in locker and they need to keep an eye on him gives likes of Traore more room on wing.

With Puig they would just leave him on ball and let him pass it out to Traore who they could cover better.

The threat of what Pedri can do all impacts the game even when last night he was a good and bad at times.

Home of Barca Fans