8 - Pedri

Iniesta Ultra

Truer words have never been spoken!

Ultimately couldn't be more patronizing to Pedri such remarks. Mass formation psychosis with some seriously troubling roots.

I want Pedri to improve but if the press take on any semblance of the views here dude might actually think he doesn't need to improve smh.

Horatio

You're welcome
Ultimately couldn't be more patronizing to Pedri such remarks. Mass formation psychosis with some seriously troubling roots.

I want Pedri to improve but if the press take on any semblance of the views here dude might actually think he doesn't need to improve smh.

Relax. Pedri does not speak English.

Joan

What does he need to improve for?

Bobo32

He is very much hyped by everyone almost, but he seems very humble. I like the guy very much, but thought he became more and more unambitious in his style last year. He is improving now though, and might become a true favourite for me with the right tweaks.

Most people writing here behave like fan girls, or not even fan girls, it's like you arrive at some private group chat of 15yo girls, writing one liners about which boy is the cutest in school atm.

ajnotkeith

Something which surprised me : In 1.3k minutes this season, he only has 1 assist.

Another thing which surprised me : Gavi has 5 LaLiga assists this season. However he did play winger a lot of games so this is probably skewed by that.

Pedri didn't really get the opportunity to gain rhythm though and I assume those numbers will go up a lot with more gametime.

Iniesta Ultra

He is very much hyped by everyone almost, but he seems very humble. I like the guy very much, but thought he became more and more unambitious in his style last year. He is improving now though, and might become a true favourite for me with the right tweaks.

Most people writing here behave like fan girls, or not even fan girls, it's like you arrive at some private group chat of 15yo girls, writing one liners about which boy is the cutest in school atm.

Since he's so young I'm confident he can become much more confident with time. I also sympathize with him coming on board when Barca was in total shambles which probably made it more difficult for him to be confident, and with Torres in front of him currently that doesn't give much assurance either.

Catta

Don't worry, not every player is like Puig and has that mindset. Pedri is improving every game since he came, taking advice from both Koeman and Xavi, and becoming a better player from it. There is a reason why he won the golden boy, while some others biggest achievement is appearing in Piques twitch stream.

mc_lovin

Something which surprised me : In 1.3k minutes this season, he only has 1 assist.

For comparison:
- Iniesta had 1 League assist in 1.5k minutes in 14/15 ... with prime MSN :lol:
- And just 4 assists in 10/11 in 2.8k minutes, which is probably the finest season any midfield has ever produced.

My point is assists aren't a good metric (or not the whole story). The most impressive thing about Pedris game yesterday (bar the goal) were some of the passes he played out wide to Dembele for example.

Iniesta Ultra

Don't worry, not every player is like Puig and has that mindset. Pedri is improving every game since he came, taking advice from both Koeman and Xavi, and becoming a better player from it. There is a reason why he won the golden boy, while some others biggest achievement is appearing in Piques twitch stream.

Endless appeals to authority and ad homs only remind me of the insecure teenage girls Bobo refers to.

Iniesta Ultra

For comparison:
- And just 4 assists in 10/11, which is probably the finest season any midfield has ever produced.

My point is assists aren't a good metric (or not the whole story). The most impressive thing about Pedris game yesterday bat the goal were some of the passes he played out wide to Dembele for example.

Curious to know what Iniesta's pre-assist stats were for that time along with Pedri's pre-assists this season.

ajnotkeith

For comparison:
- And just 4 assists in 10/11, which is probably the finest season any midfield has ever produced.

My point is assists aren't a good metric (or not the whole story). The most impressive thing about Pedris game yesterday bat the goal were some of the passes he played out wide to Dembele for example.

That's true, it's not all about the final ball and sometimes assists can just be simple passes that don't deserve a lot of credit (see Dembele's assist yesterday).

But we are scoring a lot of goals recently and I feel like he can still be involved in goals more, giving the final ball, maybe with more balls into the box which he doesn't do much as Dembele is usually the one crossing.

Like you said he's great in building play and plays some very impressive passes sometimes.

Bobo32

He can become a great assist maker and a scorer from midfield, the David Silva comparison is not that off.
He is not really a great buildup player, he is very good technically and can just about manage to build from deep, but his strengths will be in the final third. He has an eye for the decisive action, and should focus on it more, and needs to improve his game in the middle third, he is too content in just circulating the ball and need to be more direct and elegant in his solutions.

Home of Barca Fans