8 - Pedri

BerkeleyBernie

Xavi on Pedri: "I encourage him to shoot. He always has the pass in his head, the next pass, the last pass, he's a passer. It's something that happened to me as well. But he can shoot, today he scored a great goal."

This. It's always been a Barca problem, that opponents know the midfielders can be expected to pass most of the time instead of shoot. When there was Messi, opponents needed to focus on keeping him quiet. Now, there's no priority threat other than Dembele who is nowhere as dangerous as Messi was. If Barca midfielders like Pedri and De Jong can start finding the net, that can be a real threat, it opens up space for the forwards, too.

BerkeleyBernie

Xavi is overplaying him.

Relax I am being sarcastic.

But I am surprised nobody is complaining about him playing too many minutes.

He's not going to be rested in tight matches. This was possibly the most difficult La Liga opponent Xavi's yet faced. Pedri will get plenty of rest when Barca has solid leads.

gregorrin10

Because Uber Eats Giants PSG are planning to launch a 200 mil bid to steal Pedri from Barca soon. Amen. :koeman:

Has a 1B release clause. Good luck with that. :lol::lol::lol:

No more Neymar shit, glad we learned from that. Thank god we started to insert those ridiculous 1B clauses, people were laughing at it and calling it over the top...but boy I am glad Pedri has it in his contract instead of 300M or something stupid like that. Not that he'd ever leave even if they did activate it (which I could totally see PSG trying if it existed btw), but still nice to be completely calm about it.

KingLeo10

Even if those Qataris muster up the 1B, Pedri would refuse them.

Neymar's release clause only worked because he wanted out of Barcelona like the self sabotaging snake he is.

xXKonan

Neymar is a good case in study in what happens when a player of his caliber killed his own legacy and his prime years for a project that was nothing more than a fucking scam. I'm still laughing on how that guy managed to get duped into believing PSG had something good going on by that dipshit Nasser.

Iniesta Ultra

Made a few really poor turnovers including one right after his best goal, had some good passes but also played really conservative including waiving Alves not pass to him when there was no pressure. Needs to become fearless all the time cause the team's performance today will never cut it against City, Liver, and Bayern.

His goal against Galatasaray was similar dribbling laterally past two defenders but this one was harder to score obviously.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Xavi is overplaying him.

Relax I am being sarcastic.

But I am surprised nobody is complaining about him playing too many minutes.

He was rested by Lucho during the break. Will probably start every single remaining game but get subbed off in the upcoming ones. Not too worried as he doesn't look a tad fatigued, compared to last year.

Dammie10

I have a question because i don?t remember it fully. Was Iniesta as good as this at 19? I can?t recall him winning matches as that age. He was already great but more on the back side from what i thought. This guy has that character to be decisive and isn?t afraid for anything

mc_lovin

Iniesta was nowhere near as good at 19. But:
1) Sports science gone a long way, players develop sooner.
2) When you watch Iniesta in his prime he achieved true mastery. Don't think you can get much better than that and there's no guarantee Pedri gets there.

What excites me the most is that we will in all likelihood build the team around Pedri, something Iniesta never got... which was just unlucky in the grand scheme of things... a player of his talent deserved it.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Can't believe we had actual Barcelona fans here (and not the usual trolls) who would have been fine with selling him for a lack of pace :lol:

vegitot

Iniesta was nowhere near as good at 19. But:
1) Sports science gone a long way, players develop sooner.
2) When you watch Iniesta in his prime he achieved true mastery. Don't think you can get much better than that and there's no guarantee Pedri gets there.

What excites me the most is that we will in all likelihood build the team around Pedri, something Iniesta never got... which was just unlucky in the grand scheme of things... a player of his talent deserved it.

Pedri matures his game much sooner than Iniesta. Iniesta dribbled more but Pedri is way superior in other aspects.

Prime Iniesta is at the highest level any midifelder can get. Though if Pedri can produce goals and assists regularly, i think he will surprass Ini in term of individual performances. Can't compete trophies with Ini though.

Home of Barca Fans