8 - Pedri

Messi983

FPcrZNxXEAEbBzw

FPcx6kkXIAQJ7b2

Devils

Woke up today and realized that Pedri might be the best player I have ever seen.

Truly blessed to be living in the age of Pedriesta.

Bobo32

I excluded the usual trolls (Bobo and that god awful Iniesta Ultra) in the statement :S

I am not a troll, and I did not at any time call for Pedri to leave or be sold.
I said that he is a good finisher, and am beginning to be proven right. I said that he needed to change his game in order to succeed in midfield, and that Xavi would probably make him do that, and I was again proven right, yesterday he played very well.

You are very rude and behave very badly against me for no reason.

serghei

The way he's evolving no way you sell him now. He's probably one year away from being the best midfielder in the world at this rate. The technique is something else. Not since Iniesta was there such a smooth operator with the ball.

Makes 2013 Thiago Alcantara look like a 2nd rate talent.

Bobo32

Made a few really poor turnovers including one right after his best goal, had some good passes but also played really conservative including waiving Alves not pass to him when there was no pressure. Needs to become fearless all the time cause the team's performance today will never cut it against City, Liver, and Bayern.

His goal against Galatasaray was similar dribbling laterally past two defenders but this one was harder to score obviously.

He usually does a few poor turnovers per game despite playing very conservatively, it is remarkable how people close their eyes for them, but yesterday was a pretty great game from him I thought. I liked his decision making a lot more than usually. There was one pass towards Frenkie that Frenkie jumped over for Dembele to recieve in particular that I liked, it showed a different intention than what I am used to.

It is of course much more interesting to read your posts containing actual analysis, than these over the top cringy "blessed to live in Pedriesta times" posts by most other users. Especially after a game that was very good there is a place for constructive criticism. There are always things to improve, particularly in 19-year olds, and Pedri has a very high roof and many glaring stylistic weaknesses that could probably be fixed and improve him a lot.

serghei

He doesn't play conservative at all. If anything, he's being encouraged by Xavi to be a complete offensive playmaker by adding goal threat to his arsenal. He did play conservative in the past, but only because the team wasn't drilled at all for possession football.

He's turning up to be like a mix between Iniesta and David Silva so far.

Last edited:

Bobo32

He doesn't play conservative at all. If anything, he's being encouraged by Xavi to be an all-rounder offensive playmaker. He did play conservative in the past, but only because the team wasn't drilled at all for possession football.

It was only the other game that his "masterful performance" video was posted in this thread, containing about 0 progressive or threatening passes, but a lot of passing back to the defenders. He plays extremely conservatively but is a creative player at heart. Yes Xavi is improving his positioning and decision making it seems like, but he is too often found in hopeless spots where the only way is back, and he is content with delivering these back passes still.

He then "appears" in good spots here and there, and from there he can attempt difficult passes which he is brilliant at executing, but 90% of the time he gets the ball he is unambitious with it.

Thiago is and always was much more ambitious with the ball.

JamDav1982

The biggest difference for Pedri is having a years experience, being the main man in middle of park to open game up with Messi not there and pace up top.

Inane when the Puig fan boys try this 'Pedri is conservative' nonsense when they purr over Puig doing next to nothing productive with ball but pass quickly to first man sees open.

Nothing new.

JamDav1982

Don't forget having a manager that is basically a midfield god.

To a point but wont do much for shite like Puig. Much more about ability of Pedri and how to get best from him. Under Koeman/Enrqiue he was best mid at Euroes and golden boy already and now kicking on.

The best coaches put players in conditions to get best out of them more so than teaching them how to play.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans