8 - Pedri

Messigician

During Pedri?s trails at Madrid, he was terrified of the freezing weather, could barely show any striking detail. RM rejected him with a ?thank you for coming & goodbye?, there was hardly any doubts & no single person responsible. Unanimous decision @diarioas

Based madrid

Common Madrid W and Barca L

feggydinho

All I saw today were easy lateral passes or wide punts to wingers.

I watched that game again and our midfielders seem to be blind to throwing passes when our wingers are making clear runs. Many came from the left wing, but it's like they're too scared and instead wait till the opportunity closes and resume their slow buildup. This is where you need players like Fabregas, Kroos, KDB. Busquets used to make those passes before, I don't know what's happening to him now.

Andresito

Staff member
Both Frenkie and Pedri seem to suffer from Arthuritis. I'm actually skeptical to whether Pedri will be the kind of player to provide 10 assists in a season.

There's so much reluctancy to play the penetrating pass. Not sure if Xavi wants to minimize the risks, but I doubt that since he should know that you need passes from midfield that challenge the opposing defence.

Raketa10

Both Frenkie and Pedri seem to suffer from Arthuritis. I'm actually skeptical to whether Pedri will be the kind of player to provide 10 assists in a season.

There's so much reluctancy to play the penetrating pass. Not sure if Xavi wants to minimize the risks, but I doubt that since he should know that you need passes from midfield that challenge the opposing defence.

:lol: so true!

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

I think it's a Xavi thing. Pedri always went for the daring at Las Palmas and when Koeman was here

feggydinho

I think it's a Xavi thing. Pedri always went for the daring at Las Palmas and when Koeman was here

Don't think it's a Xavi thing, I've seen our wingers making plenty of runs recently and these are guys that normally like the ball at feet. Doesn't make sense to instruct wingers to make runs, and not throw balls for them to chase

BusiTheKing

The most common complaint about Pedri under Koeman was that his was too conservative. I know because I was saying it after every other game. Did well to let Messi play off him but rarely took initiative.

Sailor Mars

This guy must be hitting some unreal targets in the fitness/stamina tests because it just seems like managers don't rest him or sub him much.

serghei

Still far from the level he needs to get to. He's totally fine if you look at him as a kid, but if you look at him through the lens of a CM leader, kid has a lot to improve. World class CMs make passes like that multiple times a game, Pedri does it once every several games.

Don't see much of a difference between Pedri and Gavi, one is better than the other depending on the game, but both are quite a bit off from the level of a mature top CM like the ones playing in the best teams: Modric, Kroos, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Verrati, Thiago, Kimmich, Valverde, even Odegaard.

He's a fan favorite, but I'm afraid that's not enough.

Last edited:

BusiTheKing

Still far from the level he needs to get to. He's totally fine if you look at him as a kid, but if you look at him through the lens of a CM leader, kid has a lot to improve. World class CMs make passes like that multiple times a game, Pedri does it once every several games.

Don't see much of a difference between Pedri and Gavi, one is better than the other depending on the game, but both are quite a bit off from the level of a mature top CM like the ones playing in the best teams: Modric, Kroos, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Verrati, Thiago, Kimmich, Valverde, even Odegaard.

He's a fan favorite, but I'm afraid that's not enough.

Yeah agree in large parts. An interesting player whose mastery of certain much romanticized aspects of the game sponsors the belief that he masters it as a whole.

Now and then you can excuse one for seeing Pedri's slinky moves as the fancy swordsman in Raiders of the Lost Ark and Valverde's hit from outside the box as the Indiana Jones just shooting him with the pistol.

https://tenor.com/view/raiders-of-the-lost-ark-indiana-jones-harrison-ford-gun-sword-gif-3393601

ajnotkeith

Playing LW lol, what a stroke of genius by Xavi

Xavi thinks that he can try the same gimmicks he does against shite LaLiga teams vs Bayern.

Clearly hasn't understood what a gameplan is just yet or considered that Bilbao and Bayern are different level opponents.

Home of Barca Fans