9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammarfcb

ze special one
beachballpepe595.jpg

let the suarez balls begin

Ambrosia

how Embarrasing do those Suarez shirts look now?

images
Not at all.

They're needed even more. Anyone who's arsed reading the 115 pages will realise it's been a complete stitch up.

Evidence which would have helped Suarez, i.e. Chicarito closest player to the incident and the only Spanish player who overheard the so called exchanges verified Suarez's version of events. For some reason, the panal decided not to allow that evidence.

Loads of other stuff too but obviously they may well be beyond your comprehension.

Carry on the witch hunt :)

Ambrosia

Plus if Evra's version of things is true, why hasn't he reported it too the police or why has the FA referred this to the CPS for criminal prosecution?

Because they know this case will be thrown out of court.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Not at all.

They're needed even more. Anyone who's arsed reading the 115 pages will realise it's been a complete stitch up.

Evidence which would have helped Suarez, i.e. Chicarito closest player to the incident and the only Spanish player who overheard the so called exchanges verified Suarez's version of events. For some reason, the panal decided not to allow that evidence.

Loads of other stuff too but obviously they may well be beyond your comprehension.

Carry on the witch hunt :)

i read the majority of the stament.

yes I thought that it was odd at first glance that they did not include Hernandez's stament about the use of the word in their decision making. However you will read later on in the report that they do mention exactly what he said. Only reason I can give for this is that they can't call upon one of the witnesses as an expert on the use of 'negro', hence they made their decsion off of what the linguistics experts told them. Or is that something YOU CANNOT COMPREHEND?

what other things make you think it is a stitch up?

Suarez's admission of what he said?

Suarez changing his story 3 times?
you seem to imply you have read the full 115 pages. tell me what points you think I can't comprehend? explain them to me.

Ambrosia

I'm watching motd atm and then going out. Will get back to you in more details eventually.

Although the obvious points that come to mind is that Evra's story also changed a couple of times.

He tells Fergie's he was called n****r 5 times which he then tells the ref about after the game. On national tv says it was ten times. Then he changes his story to "negro" and not "n****r*. Apparently it's a French thing which the FA accepted but Suarez can't use the defence that in his language "negro" means something innocuous. Amazing how it went from 5, to 10 and then the FA finally decide on 7.

He originally insults Suarez in Spanish but the FA use the argument that in Spanish it isn't insulting. Yet when Suarez uses that as a defence it's not accepted. So that's twice the FA allow the "means a different thing in another language" defence for Evra but not Suarez.

Finally, the FA destroyed a man's life who whilst may be a cunt on the pitch is a good person off it, by convicting him on the balance of probabilities. That argument would never sell in the court of law.

Which leads me to ask, why hasn't Evra or the FA taken this to the police for a criminal prosecution? Suarez is either a racist or he isn't.

P.S. The FA's excuse for not allowing Chicarito's account is a joke.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

As someone who is qualified in English Law, i know a joke of decision when i see when. This is one of them.

That is why for the sake of justice, the FA and Evra should look for a criminal prosecution. So many holes in that report and any decent lawyer will be drooling whilst reading that joke of a report.

Hatem Ben Arfa

I'm watching motd atm and then going out. Will get back to you in more details eventually.

Although the obvious points that come to mind is that Evra's story also changed a couple of times.

He tells Fergie's he was called n****r 5 times which he then tells the ref about after the game. On national tv says it was ten times. Then he changes his story to "negro" and not "n****r*. Apparently it's a French thing which the FA accepted but Suarez can't use the defence that in his language "negro" means something innocuous. Amazing how it went from 5, to 10 and then the FA finally decide on 7.

He originally insults Suarez in Spanish but the FA use the argument that in Spanish it isn't insulting. Yet when Suarez uses that as a defence it's not accepted. So that's twice the FA allow the "means a different thing in another language" defence for Evra but not Suarez.

Finally, the FA destroyed a man's life who whilst may be a cunt on the pitch is a good person off it, by convicting him on the balance of probabilities. That argument would never sell in the court of law.

Which leads me to ask, why hasn't Evra or the FA taken this to the police for a criminal prosecution? Suarez is either a racist or he isn't.

P.S. The FA's excuse for not allowing Chicarito's account is a joke.

Evra thought that n****r was the literal translation of negro from spanish when reporting to Ferguson that he had been called a n****r. That is very credible. He thought nero meant black and that negro meant n****r from his understanding of Italian.

His reason for reporting it to the referee and giggs as he called me 'black' instead of n****r while on the pitch is that he dislikes the use of the word n****r. This raised my eyebrows and will perhaps form some part of Suarez's appeal, but I think it would be an unsuccessful appeal given that Suarez changes his story many times.

As for the Canal+ interview transcript, Evra never says the word n****r once, despite you claiming to have read the whole 115 pages. He does mention 10 times though.

Comolli admitted that the '10 times' was a figure of speech. Even I concluded that way back when the original claim was made ages ago.

There is still the fact that Suarez admitted to calling Evra 'negro' and the context was clearly not a friendly one.

There is still the fact that Suarez has changed his story like 3 or 4 times so that his comments look more favourable.

Last edited:

Manuel Traquete

:rofl1:

This report is a complete joke. For a law student like myself, the comedy stands out even more. The report is complete garbage, from beginning to end. A case like this would be laughed at in any real court of law

Liverpool/Suarez should forget about the appeal and just sue the FA for this farcical decision of runing a player's career based on circumstantial evidence/hearsay. If Liverpool have some good lawyers, they will a field day with this report and surely win. The report is laughable.

As someone who is qualified in English Law, i know a joke of decision when i see when. This is one of them.

That is why for the sake of justice, the FA and Evra should look for a criminal prosecution. So many holes in that report and any decent lawyer will be drooling whilst reading that joke of a report.

Indeed. Liverpool/Suarez should sue the FA. Forget about the appeal, after this joke report we can have no faith on the FA actually collecting some real evidence and deciding based on it.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

This report is a complete joke. For a law student like myself, the comedy stands out even more. The report is complete garbage, from beginning to end. A case like this would be laughed at in any real court of law

Liverpool/Suarez should forget about the appeal and just sue the FA for this farcical decision of runing a player's career based on circumstantial evidence/hearsay. If Liverpool have some good lawyers, they will a field day with this report and surely win. The report is laughable.

Indeed. Liverpool/Suarez should sue the FA. Forget about the appeal, after this joke report we can have no faith on the FA actually collecting some real evidence and deciding based on it.

so Suarez's admission means nothing in this case?

both Comolli and Kuyt originally coming up with the same translation to English from both Spanish and Dutch means nothing Either?

same as Suraez changing what he said?

Last edited:

Ambrosia

They don't though.

Suarez's lawyer declined to use Evra's previous character credibility of being an "unreliable witness" for this case when the option was opened for them to use. He also forgot to tell Suarez to keep his mouth shut and allow the FA and Evra to prove their version of events.

As for suing the FA, don't think it's possible. Suarez could possible bring a case of defamation against Evra. I think the best way of establishing Luis's innocence is having the case referred to the CPS for a criminal investigation where Evra will have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Luis said what he did. None of this balance of probabilities where conviction was based on balance of probabilities and the accusor has been previously been denoucned as an "unreliable witness".

Manuel Traquete

They don't though.

Suarez's lawyer declined to use Evra's previous character credibility of being an "unreliable witness" for this case when the option was opened for them to use. He also forgot to tell Suarez to keep his mouth shut and allow the FA and Evra to prove their version of events.

As for suing the FA, don't think it's possible. Suarez could possible bring a case of defamation against Evra. I think the best way of establishing Luis's innocence is having the case referred to the CPS for a criminal investigation where Evra will have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Luis said what he did. None of this balance of probabilities where conviction was based on balance of probabilities and the accusor has been previously been denoucned as an "unreliable witness".

Why is it not possible to sue them? The FA are not above the law. Even FIFA is currently facing a criminal lawsuit from FC Sion.The FA can most definitely be sued. Ruining a player's reputation/career based on circumstantial evidence/hearsay is definitely grounds for a lawsuit.

Fully agree about the last part. But let's be honest here, would such a feeble case even make it to any court of law? From what I've read in this report, there's no conclusive evidence whatsoever, this case would be a laughing stock before any real court of law.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

This Evra unreliable witness in the past is with regard to supposedly exaggerating that he had to jump out of the way of lawn mower that was accelerated towards him at chelsea, also Evra claiming he walked away in a calm manner when it was shown that he had to be dragged away by multiple people.

The fact that he admitted to pushing a member of Chelsea groundstaff is where the violent conduct charge and fine came in.

the allegation of racism came from Mike Phelan:

38. It is after the first altercation between Mr Bethell and Mr Evra that Mr Bethell is alleged to have shouted at Mr Evra "I'll ******* have you, you ******* 12 immigrant" – an allegation which Mr Bethell has consistently and vehemently denied.

39. The two witnesses who say they heard those words directed by Mr Bethell at Mr Evra are the Manchester United first team coach Mr Mike Phelan and the goalkeeping coach Mr Richard Hartis.

EVRA HAS NEVER MADE A FALSE CLAIM OF RACISM IN THE PAST. PEOPLE NEED TO STOP SPREADING THIS LIE! IGNORAMOUSES SUCH AS GUS POYET FOR INSTANCE.

49. If Mr Phelan and Mr Hartis are right in their recollection, then it is in the first place surprising that Mr Evra himself did not hear the remark.

Last edited:

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Don't know about all this legal talk but reading through that report and all the witnesses' statements one could get a very good picture of what happened during that match.

It all points to Suarez being more of a racist dick than I thought he was IMO...

Manuel Traquete

Don't know about all this legal talk but reading through that report and all the witnesses' statements one could get a very good picture of what happened during that match.

It all points to Suarez being more of a racist dick than I thought he was IMO...

Except nothing on that report is backed up by any concrete evidence and none of the witnesses confirms Evra's story.

It's 115 pages of no conclusive evidence at all and absurd statements like "Mr Suarez was not as impressive a witness as Mr Evra." It's 115 pages of absolute irrelevance. It'd be completely worthless before any real court of law.

The FA has possibly destroyed a player's career and reputation based on circumstantial evidence and hearsay, it's frankly a disgrace. A decision like this can never be made unless the facts are proved beyond any reasonable doubt, which is not even close to being the case here, as there's not one single piece of solid/irrefutable evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans