9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Damn you Suarez, for beating Newcastle.

I think Suarez is bordering on that World Class title. He has what it takes to ditch the diving habits, just look at how tenaciously he fights for the ball and his ability in the box. It's not just this season either, he's been doing it for a bit now.

I still think RVP and Rooney are a cut above him, but Suarez is starting to his his prime at 25. Aside from his diving, his ability to rescue Liverpool game after game is impressive.

Yeah, he's still just below the level of the best forwards in the game, but part of the problem is where he plays. The only way he can improve is by playing regularly with players who are as talented as him.

ammarfcb

ze special one
Yeah, he's still just below the level of the best forwards in the game, but part of the problem is where he plays. The only way he can improve is by playing regularly with players who are as talented as him.

you make it sound like his playing for leyton orients reserve team. ok he's world class, his the best in the team but he still has some top players around him and he is improving and showing his talent in the messi sort of role to get the most out of him. no need for him to leave.

not every world class player has to go to man city etc.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
He is the most talented player in the Premiership IMO, i don't like him as a focal point of the attack though, he'd rule as a SS behind a proper CF.

raskolnikov

Suarez definitely is one of the best players in epl, he is made out to be the biggest villain in the sport so people wont like to admit it and rather focus on the negative stuff.
His biggest problem is consistency, he has been scoring a lot this season so I hope he can keep this going.
The biggest reason why he is not consistent is cause of the lack of quality in the team, he doesnt get that many chances handed to him and he needs to create a lot himself.
He isnt a poacher lika Gomez or Higauin but a creative player that will mis tap ins yet score beauties like the one yesterday.

So basically he either leaves to a club with quality players where he is allowed to do what he does in a free role or liverpool upgrade the players around him, they should start by getting Huntelaar who is a poacher, is their most realistic option and played together with Suarez at Ajax where they did very well.
People who think he will stop diving or "cheating" when he is playing well and scoring can forget about that, he has been doing that in the Netherlands and for the national team as well cause he is that type who hates losing regardless of what he does, only time it decreased slightly was when he was made captain at Ajax.

Jenks

The English get so offended when someone claims that.

Offended? Huh? It's just a silly thing to say.

Of course he tries to do too much, he plays with crap. You put Wayne Rooney on Liverpool, what do you think would happen?

Well I wouldn't rate Rooney as world class or the best in the league either, but he'd certainly do more for Liverpool than Suarez does. Liverpool create a shit load of chances almost every game, and more often than not it's Suarez that makes a mess of them. He's not performing so poorly because he's in a shit team, the shit team is just making him look better than he is by contrast. Don't get me wrong, he's still a great little player, but world class or best in the league? No chance. He's not better than Rooney or RVP, let alone Silva, Cazorla, Aguero etc.

Paganinisrvnge

Suarez is a bizarre player. Sometimes he pulls off spectacular goals but most of the time he misses easy chances or dives. I would take RVP over Suarez ANY DAY.

89Norcal

It's true, Liverpool's transformation has leaned heavily on their young talent. They all have ability but experience is just as important, especially when you're in a dire situation on the pitch.

Well I wouldn't rate Rooney as world class or the best in the league either

I've changed my opinion and categorized Rooney as world class. The fact that he's English seems to put people off that to be totally honest, especially with the fact that most the major talent in the EPL is imported from the continent/Latin America/Africa.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans