9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

loozy

Anyone remember Defoe biting Mascherano? I don't think it got much media attention. As bad as it was the media will blow it out of proportion because it's Suarez.

Posted that one in the Masche-thread :D

There is also more evidence:

defoe_mascherano.jpg

Now THAT is a proper bite.

Kerrybai

Maybe he was just wiping his nose? :lol: As bad as the incident was I do love a bit of football drama :party1:

Piers Morgan tweeted, 'fangs for the memories, Luis.'

poldep

The press is having him for breakfast, lunch and diner.
And Suarez isn't a good ambassador for his beautiful country Uruguay.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Does anybody else think he might have played his last game for Liverpool today? He's going to be banned for the rest of the season and with the shitstorm that is about to go down over this, both he and Liverpool might think its best for him to move abroad. He'll get Champions League football and Liverpool will get a good bit of money for him. On pure footballing terms they really should try hold on to him but I don't know if that's enough.

It is a real possibility.

Kerrybai

I wonder how most Liverpool fans will feel? It's a strange one for them.

I always think of players like Cantona and Roy keane when I think of Suarez, basically controversial players. I supported Man U from around 1998-2004, basically when Keane was there. I was young at the time and loved United, particularly Keane as is a good friend of my uncle so he would sign birthday cards for me every year. Now anyway who knows of Keane will agree that he was a great player, one of the best midfielders of his generation at the time. I still remeber the 1999 semi final in Turin where Keane destroyed Davids and the rest of the Juve team, and still played on with 100% heart despite been booked which meant he would miss the final.

However the other thing people will remember about Keane was his temper, he was United's version of Pepe at times. Most will remember his feud with Alf-Inge Haaland who suggested Keane was faking injury when he hurt his ACL. Years later he had a horrific tackle on 'Alfie' and admitted in his book that he meant to hurt him. Keane had several other incidents too and was always seen as a bit of a nutter...

Anyways the point of my rant is that Keane is a United legend. He's been voted many teams into United's greatest ever teams etc. The fans stood by him and loved what he did for the club, just like they did with Cantona. Granted neither player bit another but we all know about the infamous kung fu kick involving Cantona... yet United fans celebrated his return as a hero.

Basically I'm wondering if Suarez has captured the hearts of the Liverpool faithful to the point where they will defend him at all costs? Does he hold that sort of influence at the club yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans