9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

loozy

Thank you, I guess Suarez hasn't quite reached a high enough 'cult status' to escape even his own fans.

He has a cult-like following but there is a line drawn at some actions and today, he drew his. I love the guy but jaysus in a bucket, what the feck was he thinking?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Vile player, kicking him out of the Premiership and sending him back to South America might be the best course of action

Kerrybai

Oh he definitely has.

But you cannot defend the indefensible.

Cantona came back from a worse incident so perhaps there is hope for Suarez. Any other player and we wouldn't hear near as much about this.

He has a cult-like following but there is a line drawn at some actions and today, he drew his. I love the guy but jaysus in a bucket, what the feck was he thinking?

It's very strange, usually these sort of incidents are a result of a player losing his temper, Aguero for example against David Luiz. The problem with this is is doesn't come across as a temper issue. His actions tend to be born out of deceit or cunning.

Maybe he just had a brainfart :lol:

loozy

It's very strange, usually these sort of incidents are a result of a player losing his temper, Aguero for example against David Luiz. The problem with this is is doesn't come across as a temper issue. His actions tend to be born out of deceit or cunning.

Maybe he just had a brainfart :lol:

Massive brainfart that short-circuited the common sense he possesses.

BarcaOG

Banned
oh, come on guys. so what, he bit someone. far more damage can result from tackles that are overlooked every match day across all european leagues.

the issue here is about conduct, about how players are supposed to behave as professionals. that he has an unfavourable disciplinary record compounds the problem, but lets not pretend that it is the bite that we are indignant about, but rather what it represents and, more importantly, the player guilty of it.

the bite itself is purely comedic. i'm sure ivanovic will survive.

Kerrybai

^ Well diseases can be contracted from bites. Also I think the issue here is that a bad tackle is seen as part of the game, it's sign of bad losing one's temper in a game. Biting though is just bizarre. From a social point of view it's incredibly an incredibly strange act to witness and one that we would normally associate with animals.

desoe

Suarez is not a human being.

He's some kind of a freak, who should be locked up and examined by doctors and such.

mixer

And he hasn't been punished by a red card this season and a season before.

How could he get away with all of this without at least 1 straight red card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans