9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertus

Luis Suarez spotted leaving the training ground, crying.

BRGEZgkCIAE0MKf.jpg

Welp.

I'm quite torn about his situation.

I think he's real sad to not be able to leave (dunno if he's crying or not in these pictures tho)

But I try to understand clubs that could be quite tired to sign contracts with players that don't understand what a contract is. They sign for X years but think they can start crying about it whenever they want as if there was no contract at all.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Welp.

I'm quite torn about his situation.

I think he's real sad to not be able to leave (dunno if he's crying or not in these pictures tho)

But I try to understand clubs that could be quite tired to sign contracts with players that don't understand what a contract is. They sign for X years but think they can start crying about it whenever they want as if there was no contract at all.
crying for that is really insulting to the poor lads out there working their asses off but not being able to earn even remotely closely to what thee guys are doing!!

Let's leave aside the normal people... Just consider how much the professional players are earning out there in low-level clubs! How much some of his NT team-mates are earning! It is a gross insult to guys like that when a player in succh a great situation sheds tears like a spoiled brat!!

Last edited:

Robbie

Liverpool will sell him, but not to another premier league club. Any quotes from Rodgers or Henry are just to make sure they get the most money they can. Once a player wants to leave really badly, he will get what he wants. What Liverpool can control, though, is who he goes to and how much he goes for. Forcing him to put in a transfer request will save them 7-10m of his loyalty bonus, and then they can easily let him go to Napoli at a cut price. They agreed to terms with Jackson Martinez, but are reluctant to meet his 25M-ish release clause. I wouldn't be surprised if Suarez goes there for 20mil, or if Madrid go for him after Bale falls through. There's also Bayern Munich who might be looking for an upgrade on Mandzukic if they're too impatient to wait a year for Lewandowski to sign for free.

Basically, there are a lot of options for Liverpool, and we aren't one of them.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
We'll see. I think he'll stay until January and go a CL team then as he'll be the best non CL player available for the teams in the knockout rounds.

But if we get a respectable offer in this window I still think we may well sell. Even if thats Arsenal. Time will tell.

S7_MUFC

Liverpool will sell him, but not to another premier league club. Any quotes from Rodgers or Henry are just to make sure they get the most money they can. Once a player wants to leave really badly, he will get what he wants. What Liverpool can control, though, is who he goes to and how much he goes for. Forcing him to put in a transfer request will save them 7-10m of his loyalty bonus, and then they can easily let him go to Napoli at a cut price. They agreed to terms with Jackson Martinez, but are reluctant to meet his 25M-ish release clause. I wouldn't be surprised if Suarez goes there for 20mil, or if Madrid go for him after Bale falls through. There's also Bayern Munich who might be looking for an upgrade on Mandzukic if they're too impatient to wait a year for Lewandowski to sign for free.

Basically, there are a lot of options for Liverpool, and we aren't one of them.
I really doubt his loyality bonus is 10m considering his salary is around 7-8m.What is loyality bonus anyway? You get a hefty bonus when you are sold after asking for a transfer but not putting in a written transfer request....

Jenks

If Liverpool want to progress then selling your best players to domestic rivals is a bit no-no. Perhaps at some point Arsenal will realise that too.

raskolnikov

If Liverpool want to progress then selling your best players to domestic rivals is a bit no-no. Perhaps at some point Arsenal will realise that too.

50 mill allows you to buy better players and grow, its better than keeping an unhappy player that wont be motivated at all.

Robbie

I really doubt his loyality bonus is 10m considering his salary is around 7-8m.What is loyality bonus anyway? You get a hefty bonus when you are sold after asking for a transfer but not putting in a written transfer request....

He's on relatively low wages (is it 80k? something like that) but signed a contract extension less than a year ago after that insanely good season he had. It's blind speculation as to how high his loyalty bonus is, but I was guessing it would have to make up for the fact that he's being paid less than Gerrard and Torres (before he left). And yeah that's pretty much how it works, also kicking in if a contract is run all the way through.

It's the reason RVP released that letter, to urge Wenger to sell without him resorting to putting in a written request. Cesc did the same thing, but privately.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
you get the loyalty bonus only if you dont request the transfer when there's a strong bid and also stay put... There's no loyalty if you have left the club!! :p

And :lol: at the bonus being so large... Clubs could make you bankrupt just for the kicks of it :p

Robbie

There's no such thing as an unmotivated player in a World Cup year.

Uruguay not picking Suarez? In what parallel universe would that happen? He could have the worst season of his life, not even scoring a single goal, and they would still take him to Brazil.

Also, remember Torres' debut season with Chelsea? Del Bosque still called him up whenever he was fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans