9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Unbelievably talented player. People comparing him and Aguero a lot but to me it's fairly obvious that Suarez is the better of the two. Aguero's goalscoring streak is great but he's riding on form right now, he is a player who complicates play a lot and doesn't give assured and innate brilliance. Suarez is the kind of guy who makes the magical seem effortless.

I hope he doesn't go to Madrid but I doubt he'd be at his best there. He needs the team built around him because he's the focal point. In RM, Ronaldo is the focal point and target man while Isco and Bale are other individualist type Alpha players. There's no more room for another lone wolf.

Cule4life

The Culest
Since when have Madrid been wise in selecting the players who suit their team better. He will end up at Madrid sooner or later because all Madrid know is to buy the best players available

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Since when have Madrid been wise in selecting the players who suit their team better. He will end up at Madrid sooner or later because all Madrid know is to buy the best players available

I'm sure that they'd select him no matter what, I just hope he doesn't choose to go there. A lot of players go to Madrid despite it being glaringly obvious that they shouldn't, we'll see if Suarez follows suit in that tradition.

The Observer

The question is for how much he will go. If Bale is € 100M, Liverpool will ask about as much for Suarez. Especially if Madrid come knocking. They themselves set the standards. And rightfully. He is irreplaceable for Liverpool and the difference between top 4 or no top 4. Even for € 100M they can hardly attract anyone who will have the same impact.

JamDav1982

Liverpool said they wouldn't even hear bids less than 40m for Suarez. And the miser Wenger bid 40m+1. His price has gone up even further now.

Wenger bid that amount as he was led to believe there was a clause in the contract that would be triggered by bids over £40m.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I'd like to see him at Real Madrid. He is being slightly wasted at Liverpool playing only the EPL. I know they will probably qualify for champions league this year but they wouldn't really have the same kind of winning aspirations that Madrid would have.

It will force Barcelona to buy too which is always good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans