9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beautifulgame

The game was played at such a pace it was difficult for a sub to adjust let alone a youth player making his debut at Stamford Bridge when his team were losing. Terrible management by Rodgers to throw him to the wolves like that probably damaged his confidence a lot.

lol come dog, your a professional player that is literally job. end of. you gotta come in hold your own, slack is given ya its your debut but he was utter shit. are you saying he wasn't? I didn't say sell the guy, that all i said.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't see Chelsea-Liverpool but it's sad to see some people trolling.
Suarez is the best player in epl but he's no superman.
Clearly lacks support from his teammates and Liverpool would do well if they signed someone this winter.

Meitux

I didn't see Chelsea-Liverpool but it's sad to see some people trolling.
Suarez is the best player in epl but he's no superman.
Clearly lacks support from his teammates and Liverpool would do well if they signed someone this winter.
Of course, that's the obvious reasons. But you know people around here do that to find another excuse of bashing him because of the image he brings out of his attitude. Ye he may be an idiot a dirty player but move on seriously. He hasn't been as bad as before recently and of course he can't make all things happen by himself. It's not like Liverpool suddenly has world class players, most of them like Henderson for example who's average and other ones like Sterling who are still getting experience. So obviously in a big game there's no like equal balance to say that he couldn't perform because he can't in big games.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

I've never understood how a dislike of a player can blind some people to their abilities. Of course Suarez is easy to hate (even me, if you look back earlier in this thread or Liverpool's) but it doesn't make him any less skilled at football. I mean I dislike CR7 & Ibra, but I try not to let that bias get in the way of my rating them purely on skill.

All the world's best players have disappeared in big games before. Everyone gets so worked up when people (wrongly) say Messi isn't the best because he underperformed in such-and-such game, because Messi is loved on this forum & we all know how good he is. Though of course Suarez isn't as good as Messi, the rationale is still the same.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
The game was played at such a pace it was difficult for a sub to adjust let alone a youth player making his debut at Stamford Bridge when his team were losing. Terrible management by Rodgers to throw him to the wolves like that probably damaged his confidence a lot.

He did that for a very good reason..............I'll trust you to work it out ;)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
People used to bash Messi too for failing to score vs. epl teams. Until he scored vs. ManUtd in CL Final, a nice little header in between Rio and Vidic.
That shut them up. For a week. Now, apparently, he would struggle vs. Stoke on those rainy nights.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
yu5t1Y9znp8.jpg

Run, Gary, run!

Harlequin

Of course, that's the obvious reasons. But you know people around here do that to find another excuse of bashing him because of the image he brings out of his attitude. Ye he may be an idiot a dirty player but move on seriously. He hasn't been as bad as before recently and of course he can't make all things happen by himself. It's not like Liverpool suddenly has world class players, most of them like Henderson for example who's average and other ones like Sterling who are still getting experience. So obviously in a big game there's no like equal balance to say that he couldn't perform because he can't in big games.

Henderson is far from average. In my opinion he's been Liverpool's second best player following Suarez so far this season. And that's an opinion shared by most Liverpool supporters.

I see a lot of opinions in this thread, but I get the impression that a lot of you don't watch Liverpool play regularly - apart from AnfieldEd obviously. And I don't mean just the highlights on footytube after Suarez scores 4 goals against Norwich or 3 against Tottenham - I mean the full 90 minutes. Without that you'll miss a lot of Suarez's best attributes. Namely his high work rate, brilliant first touch, dribbling and his ability to create space for fellow players by dragging defenders out of position. This last trait has worked wonders with Henderson bombing forward from deep, very similar to a younger Steven Gerrard.

I didn't see the game against Chelsea unfortunately so I can't comment on his performance there. However, for people like Ghost who say he sucked I'll ask, did you personally watch it? Because if not you're invalidating your own opinion a little.

As far as Suarez's image goes he's done a lot to aid it so far this season. I personally used to strongly dislike Suarez like a lot of you and wouldn't have wanted him anywhere near my team. However, his performances and work ethic so far this season have actually won me over. My personal highlight was Suarez giving Agger the captains armband as he came on against Cardiff. That was a class act.

XaviMessiGirl

I agree about Henderson, I think he's underrated by a lot of people, mostly by non-Liverpool fans. Sure he won't ever be "great", but he's still above average.

I concur with them about Joe Allen though, he's been nothing short of a disappointment IMO.

Harlequin

I agree about Henderson, I think he's underrated by a lot of people, mostly by non-Liverpool fans. Sure he won't ever be "great", but he's still above average.

I concur with them about Joe Allen though, he's been nothing short of a disappointment IMO.

Agreed, Allen is not first team quality. As a rotating squad player he's adequate. He'll be the first to go though if Rakitic, Jorginho or any other CM comes in January. I'd expect Allen to be sold in the Summer window.

Henderson is a good player. Arguably his best trait is his consistency at the moment. If he keeps up his current performance levels I'd expect him to hold a first team place for years to come. Highly underrated. As is Lucas Leiva - although his mobility can be a concern at times as his positioning isn't on the same level as someone like Busi.

XaviMessiGirl

Lucas has surprised me the past couple seasons too - I remember how often I used to curse him in Rafa's team, for example.

And I agree about selling Allen. He's good for a midtable team like Swansea, but not for one with CL or even title aspirations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans